Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
@AWE when’s the next 15% off going to happen?
Not too sure, my friend. No plans for a promotional period at this point in time, but of course that can always change.

If and when an occasion may arise that gifts the deals again, I will drop notifications here ASAP.
Sponsored

Whippleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firebird Trans Am, CTR
Country flag
How's the noise at ~3k rpms or cruising speed at 70-75mph?
I get a nice and loud drone on the track edition around 3.2-4K. However, I don't cruise around in those RPM's so it's a non-issue for me. Cruising at 70-80 is drone free for me. Sounds great when accelerating normally at low RPM's, cruising on highway, and WOT imo.

I'm very happy I decided to go with the track edition. That being said, I've never heard the touring in person.

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
How's the noise at ~3k rpms or cruising speed at 70-75mph?
70 mph is fine to me. The loudest cruising range is 2100-2500 rpms. You will love the sound if you get it. Great thing is if you think it's too loud, you can buy the rear resonator and convert it to the Touring edition. For my ears and taste, I am so glad that I went with the Track Edition. It really is a nice setup for the money.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
70 mph is fine to me. The loudest cruising range is 2100-2500 rpms. You will love the sound if you get it. Great thing is if you think it's too loud, you can buy the rear resonator and convert it to the Touring edition. For my ears and taste, I am so glad that I went with the Track Edition. It really is a nice setup for the money.
I really appreciate this feedback. We have a Touring system on our Type R and I rode in Friday. There is a lot of sound deadening in these cars and with the windows down it sounded great, with the windows up I could see how you'd want a little more. The conversion from Track to Touring is a little more than the price difference between the 2 for anyone who is considering that as an option. You can talk to your local AWE or hit us up for details, lead times, etc.

ale99llamas

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Rallye Red
Country flag
Well the clamps were adjusted and secured 3 times and the hangar continued to slowly but surely move towards the rear of the car and hit the red chassis stud causing rattling.

The 4th time, the exhaust shop said it’s just best to cut a piece of the hangar off, give ample space, weld it back on, and it should be good to go.

The exhaust sound and performance is great. Probably the best sounding exhaust system. It’s unfortunate I had to go to such lengths just to drive it without rattling.

Attached are pics showing the difference before and after the cutting and welding.
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 284725D9-962D-490C-9D60-A9F2621A8EC1

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 2CEE9E61-5F49-4D8E-A2F4-B344A936A4C7

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 6BCCC7BE-476D-4140-95D9-2E1C2923A85D

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I don’t see a before pic of where it is hitting.

Also, the rubber hanger in the pic is not centered and in a “relaxed” position. Depending how much force it can slowly stretch over a long time and mess with alignment of the exhaust tips (read: saggy).

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I don’t see a before pic of where it is hitting.

Also, the rubber hanger in the pic is not centered and in a “relaxed” position. Depending how much force it can slowly stretch over a long time and mess with alignment of the exhaust tips (read: saggy).
Look at the first picture, then look at the second.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Well the clamps were adjusted and secured 3 times and the hangar continued to slowly but surely move towards the rear of the car and hit the red chassis stud causing rattling.

The 4th time, the exhaust shop said it’s just best to cut a piece of the hangar off, give ample space, weld it back on, and it should be good to go.

The exhaust sound and performance is great. Probably the best sounding exhaust system. It’s unfortunate I had to go to such lengths just to drive it without rattling.

Attached are pics showing the difference before and after the cutting and welding.
I take it ya didn't take our engineer's advice in getting a second opinion from someone? To be clear, they recommended it because when someone makes an install error, they're likely to keep making the same error. Thus it's good to have a fresh set of eyes to figure what the initial individual could be missing. Further, are you using a different front pipe? There's literally no other explanation aside from install error or a different style front pipe as our systems are created in laser-cut fixtures, of which don't allow the exhausts to be built incorrectly. I apologize you had to result to this, sincerely.

Last edited:

ale99llamas

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Rallye Red
Country flag
I take it ya didn't take our engineer's advice in getting a second opinion from someone? To be clear, they recommended it because when someone makes an install error, they're likely to keep making the same error. Thus it's good to have a fresh set of eyes to figure what the initial individual could be missing. Further, are you using a different front pipe? There's literally no other explanation aside from install error or a different style front pipe as our systems are created in laser-cut fixtures, of which don't allow the exhausts to be built incorrectly. I apologize you had to result to this, sincerely.
As a matter of fact, I took it to 3 different individuals with good reputation here in my area. All of them complained about the hangar design was over exaggerated. And of course the slip joints was brought up as a negative feature of the exhaust system.

I am using the front pipe provided in the track edition of your AWE exhaust system.

Exhaust system sounds great and I have been complemented on the sound. But it’s quite the headache to have to revisit this same issue and pay other individuals/shops to assess and make the changes needed only to finally cut a piece off the hangar and weld it back together to no longer literally hear this issue again.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There's literally no other explanation aside from install error or a different style front pipe
Well, I literally used the AWE front pipe, and it literally took me getting under the car five times to get the thing to not rattle when it gets hot. I literally think AWE should have designed it with better clearances so we wouldn't have to literally adjust it multiple times to get it to work.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Sorry but if you think having a laser cut fixture means that you have no process variation and no tolerance stack, then that is really telling of the quality that this member is suffering. Not only that, that is a huge red flag for anyone considering buying this exhaust.

Jmp119

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
I have the same exact problem. Moved exhaust 3x already and it keeps going back to where it rubs.
The rubbing makes the ride unbearable, at first i thought it was looose change or some other item in the car. After lookin tru forums it all makes sense so we tried moving it. Gonna be the 4th time this coming friday and i hope it fixes it. Im at the point where im gonna give up on this exhaust. Sounds great looks great but the rubbing just ruins everything. It makes the inside rattle and you think the vibrations will eventually break something.
Sponsored