Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
AWE_email_header_PRODUCT-release-FORUM.png

VTEC. Turbo. AWE. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Honda FK8 Civic Type R available now at AWECivic.com, EvasiveMotorsports.com, and participating AWE dealers around the world.
  • Integrated front pipe included in all editions
  • Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
  • Max gains of 5 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
  • Touring Editions feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, tuned specifically for the K20
  • Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
  • Touring Edition available with optional DualPhase mid pipe engineered for additional sound tuning with aftermarket DPs
  • Bespoke stamped stainless steel trident tip merge
  • Modular tip designs allow easy interchangeability between dual and tri tip configurations
  • Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
  • Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
  • Triple or dual 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
  • Perfect fitment guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)

The Options

Touring Edition Exhaust:

At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A 3” T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds.

awe_ctr_touring_under.png
awe_ctr_touring_1.png

3015-43000.png

Featuring an integrated front pipe, bespoke mid pipe resonator, and AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition delivers a full-bodied, rasp-free K20 soundtrack unachieved by any of its peers. Under boost and heavy throttle, the Touring Edition screams. At highway speeds, drone-free within the cabin -- the best of both worlds. Perfectly engineered and packaged for the FK8 Civic Type R, all backed by AWE No CEL and Perfect Fitment Guarantees.

awe_ctr_touring_2.png

Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology®

Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.

As exhaust gases exit the K20 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.

DualPhase Mid Pipe

• Engineered for use with aftermarket downpipes, or an OEM+ sound level if paired with the factory downpipe
  • Available separately as a conversion kit for existing Touring Edition Exhausts, and as the Touring Edition with DualPhase Mid Pipe
  • Further refines the K20 soundtrack both in and out of the cabin with aftermarket downpipes equipped
  • Pure bolt-on, no-cutting required
  • Perfect Fitment Guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL Guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty
The DualPhase mid pipe deploys additional helmholtz properties further upstream, working in tandem with the 180 Technology®-equipped rear section of the standard Touring Edition Exhaust, to keep harsh, drone-prone frequencies in check when paired to an aftermarket downpipe. Don’t have an aftermarket downpipe? You can still equip the DualPhase mid pipe to the factory downpipe for an OEM+ experience.

3815-11666.png

3015-43000_2.png

Track Edition Exhaust

For those who like it raw and rowdy, the Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition shares the same integrated front pipe, bespoke mid pipe resonator, and precision engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®.

awe_ctr_track_under.png

In place of the 180 Technology® resonator in the rear lies a Track Edition straight section. As a result, this version is known to get (really) rowdy in mid range acceleration and deceleration, and may be too much for many. You’ve been warned.

awe_ctr_track_1.png
awe_ctr_track_2.png
awe_ctr_track_4.png

Important fitment notes:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts include a 3” frontpipe that is designed and sized accordingly to mate to the factory downpipe or any downpipe designed to mate to the factory exhaust. This frontpipe is integrated into the design of the exhausts. AWE exhausts are not designed to mate with other aftermarket frontpipes.

We decided to reuse the factory-style flange and gasket for reliability and long-term performance. The factory's double-layer steel gasket design is vastly superior to any aftermarket flat gasket. This design allows for the gasket to be fully captured by the machined groove in the flange, eliminating any possibility of blowout or deterioration over long-term use. Additionally, it is fully serviceable, unlike a flat gasket that can stick to the mating flanges and tear upon removal.

awe_ctr_front_pipe.png

Conversion Kits:

We made it easy to convert between Track and Touring Editions, as well as dual and triple tip configurations, if you decide at a later date to change your volume or the aesthetic.

Tip Options:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts feature a modular tip design that allows drivers the choice of running double or triple 4.5” slash-cut tips via our bespoke stamped tip merges. With such interchangeability, a dual tip configuration can be converted into a tri-tip configuration (and vice-versa) within minutes via an AWE Tip Conversion Kit.

Each exhaust comes complete with 4.5” double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black, and feature a stamped AWE logo. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
awe_ctr_rear.png
awe_ctr_quarter.png

awe_ctr_dual_tip_chrome_rear.png

awe_ctr_dual_tip_chrome_quarter.png

What’s in the box?

Complete Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, two or three 4.5” double walled tips in desired finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.

awe_ctr_touring_5.png

dualphase-kit_2.png

awe_ctr_track_5.png

Data:

CTR-TOURING-WHEEL-DYNO.jpg

Last edited:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Two months ago i purchased an exhaust and i am regretting my decision after hearing yall videos of the track version.... IM super impressed with the lack of drone on it as well. You guys nailed it, great job! Now lets see who is willing to buy my exhaust LOL

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Two months ago i purchased an exhaust and i am regretting my decision after hearing yall videos of the track version.... IM super impressed with the lack of drone on it as well. You guys nailed it, great job! Now lets see who is willing to buy my exhaust LOL
Thank you! We're quite proud of the soundtracks we've developed for these motors. So deep and sophisticated :thumbsup:

vZANBO

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
How is the drone with the track edition? In the videos it souns pretty similar to the touring one.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
You can hear the difference during the cruising example -- the Touring allows you to hear more motor and gearing noise, whereas in the Track Edition video, the exhaust note seems much more prominent as there's frequencies running free that would otherwise be captured by the 180 Technology in our Touring Edition.

Highway speeds and deceleration are the primary hot spots for the bad frequencies on this platform.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As someone who won’t be changing out the exhaust (Calif. emissions), I think you guys nailed the sound on the track edition. More rowdy but not overbearing, befits the Type R. Easily can tell the difference over a decent set of speakers or headphones.

@Josh/AWE The Track edition is basically a muffler delete vs the Touring, right? Both are resonated (for drone) and catted (for emissions), so can't be that bad ;).

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
one of the best sounding exhaust so far! I do plan on getting a new exhaust and this will definitely be on my short list.

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Touring edition sounds perfect to me. I have not liked the sound of any aftermarket exhaust until now. Any black friday specials planned?

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
In the touring edition video with the aftermarket down pipe is that a catted or catless down you used? Exhaust sounds great by the way.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Could of sworn i saw the listing on their site around the $920 range. Now its not there but I see it over at Evasive for 1200.00

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I've been seeing it in the chat and it's already on here. Looks really good and I hope to see one and hear it in person!

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Great job on the sound and design of the exhaust! And the fact that you can switch between the exhaust is a great idea.

Just to clarify - if I order the Track Exhaust, do I order the Touring Conversion kit so I can have the best of both worlds?
Sponsored