Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Went from Track to Touring, and that took care of most of the drone. Mid-pipe for our FK8
Question for install, when mounting the awe front pipe that is included, will I need to purchase a 3' gasket??
Reuse OEM
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Question for install, when mounting the awe front pipe that is included, will I need to purchase a 3' gasket??
You can re-use the DP gasket. The OE part number for this I find is:

Gasket, Ex Pipe
18303-T2B-A01
GASKET, EX. PIPE

Please verify the part number with your local dealer! This is from an online parts site and YMMV!

Gr90

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone know where to find the Touring with the new dual phase midpipe in stock? Vendors never show what's in stock anymore.

Knightof0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP CTR, 2015 Mitsubishi EVO X MR, 2016 Toyota Rav4
Country flag
I ordered straight from AWE themselves to get the Touring with dual phase midpipe. I don't believe vendors currently have any with dual phase midpipe in stock.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My dual phase midpipe has shown as "in production" for several days. Does anyone know if that means it is actually being made right now or is that just the status for the 10 weeks of queue time I was promised?

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
My dual phase midpipe has shown as "in production" for several days. Does anyone know if that means it is actually being made right now or is that just the status for the 10 weeks of queue time I was promised?
Imagine there are 4000 orders in the queue being built and scheduling to be built. Yours is somewhere in the mix. We are on a 10 week lead time. Appreciate your understanding.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Imagine there are 4000 orders in the queue being built and scheduling to be built. Yours is somewhere in the mix. We are on a 10 week lead time. Appreciate your understanding.
No problem. Thanks for the response.

mjk120185

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI & 2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Guys, for reference, I ordered my dual phase pipe May 11th and it shipped yesterday (5 Aug). Not knocking them, just want you all to have realistic expectations right now with the shortage of raw materials and the high flow of orders they receive.

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
This supply chain fiasco sucks. Don't blame AWE. I ordered my Track Edition the Wednesday before Thanksgiving 2019. It was at my house 2 weeks later. Great company with great support. Be patient. It will come ?

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Guys, for reference, I ordered my dual phase pipe May 11th and it shipped yesterday (5 Aug). Not knocking them, just want you all to have realistic expectations right now with the shortage of raw materials and the high flow of orders they receive.
Everyday is a new challenge and we are continually pivoting to work through them in order to get systems built and delivered. As I've mentioned, without supplier shortages and delays, we are on a 10-week build time. If you order through a dealer, that could be shorter, or longer. I always recommend hitting up our awesome dealers first since they buy through multiple sources. Thank you again for your patience and if you need anything just let me know.

nm797

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R CW
Country flag
I’m having a rattle issue again around 1500 and 3k RPM at operating temps. I initially tightened up the exhaust parts and made sure everything was seated correctly in the hangers, and I even made sure everything was torqued down nice and tight. But for whatever reason I guess it won’t stay seating in the rear rubber hangers correctly and keeps getting loose and begins to rattle.

Any thoughts or recommendations

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I’m having a rattle issue again around 1500 and 3k RPM at operating temps. I initially tightened up the exhaust parts and made sure everything was seated correctly in the hangers, and I even made sure everything was torqued down nice and tight. But for whatever reason I guess it won’t stay seating in the rear rubber hangers correctly and keeps getting loose and begins to rattle.

Any thoughts or recommendations
Did you ensure your clamps are ever so slightly overlapping the end of the slip fits? I see people using them to “seal the slots” but this is incorrect placement.

Did you ensure the slip fits all the way to the mid-pipe are bottomed out?

lmk!

mjk120185

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI & 2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Got around to installing the dual phase midpipe today. For anyone with an “off-road” downpipe, GET THIS. It COMPLETELY cleaned up the exhaust note and it sounds PERFECT now. Great work from AWE on this product.

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR, 09 Comp Yellow MX5, 20 Gladiator
Country flag
Installing an AWE today on my '21. The front pipe is touching the oil pan and less than 1mm away from the passenger axle. Is this normal or a real concern? I don't really see any way to adjust that section.
Sponsored