Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R, 08 Z71, 2019 Traverse Redline, 2011 Ruckus GY6 150
Country flag
Just shot an unboxing video with the two systems I have in stock :)

AWE Si Touring with Dual Silver Tips
AWE Type R Track with Triple Black Tips. 9:07 if you want to only watch the Type R unboxing

Lol, still cant decide if I want Track or Touring....
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Lol, still cant decide if I want Track or Touring....
If you can, always Touring since it combines the best of Track and Touring in one :)

This 180 Technology Muffler is the truth!

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Has anybody installed a rear motor mount after having the AWE exhaust put in? Does the AWE frontpipe get in the way of replacing the motor mount?

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you try to do this also
yes, my situation was slightly different i installed the rear mount and exhaust the same day, i didn't like how it made the car rattle so when i went to remove it that’s when i noticed it wasn't going to come out unless I removed the front pipe.

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R, 08 Z71, 2019 Traverse Redline, 2011 Ruckus GY6 150
Country flag
Get both with the conversion kit for $200. That's what I am doing. Have the touring now for running in the winter/cooler months, and the track in the summer/warmer months.
I was thinkn if i buy the track ed. 1st then the touring conversion 2nd.... id have both.. for the price of the touring. I think

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
yes, my situation was slightly different i installed the rear mount and exhaust the same day, i didn't like how it made the car rattle so when i went to remove it that’s when i noticed it wasn't going to come out unless I removed the front pipe.
sean from awe said he has been able to install the hasport mount after installing the awe front pipe. I guess I will give it a shot this weekend

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
sean from awe said he has been able to install the hasport mount after installing the awe front pipe. I guess I will give it a shot this weekend
Sorry i didn't clarify, my first exhaust i installed with the rear mount was the Invidia R400, i do have the AWE now but have not tried to reinstall the engine mount, so i thought all 3” front pipe would not give clearance for the mount bolt to come out.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Sorry i didn't clarify, my first exhaust i installed with the rear mount was the Invidia R400, i do have the AWE now but have not tried to reinstall the engine mount, so i thought all 3” front pipe would not give clearance for the mount bolt to come out.
I’ll post back here after giving it a shot, in case anybody else decides to add the mount after the AWE exhaust. I should have done it before, I knew I was going to do it eventually, it just slipped my mind

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
I’ll post back here after giving it a shot, in case anybody else decides to add the mount after the AWE exhaust. I should have done it before, I knew I was going to do it eventually, it just slipped my mind
Let me know how it goes and are you using a lift or doing it on the ground with some jacks ?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
No problem with various RMM's that have gone on our Blue Si with the AWE FP; cannot confirm if Type R is any different, but I doubt it. Just use a wrench to loosen, and then some wiggle of the motor will free the bolt. Here's the one installed currently/

Whiteline RMM (unreleased to the public). More details + sign up for availability: https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-rear-motor-mount-rmm-all-civic

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 1604643193854

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
WARNING - THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT!

So, last night I'm driving home from dinner with the wife in the car. I start thinking to myself, man, is this thing loud tonight for some reason? Without prompting, she says to me, it may be her meds / the fact she's tired / etc. but this car is driving her nuts tonight. Can't wait to get home.

So, we both seemed to think the car was LOUDER. I haven't driven it today and I was NOT drinking last night. Question - is there any reason to think the car would get louder sort of "all of a sudden"? I have the Touring version; I cannot imagine driving the track version at this point.

Should I check something or am I imagining things?

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
WARNING - THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT!

So, last night I'm driving home from dinner with the wife in the car. I start thinking to myself, man, is this thing loud tonight for some reason? Without prompting, she says to me, it may be her meds / the fact she's tired / etc. but this car is driving her nuts tonight. Can't wait to get home.

So, we both seemed to think the car was LOUDER. I haven't driven it today and I was NOT drinking last night. Question - is there any reason to think the car would get louder sort of "all of a sudden"? I have the Touring version; I cannot imagine driving the track version at this point.

Should I check something or am I imagining things?
this could be complete bs, but I feel like the exhaust is noticeably louder after I clean the exhaust tips
Sponsored