Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Ctr_berg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 championship white ctr
Country flag
Hey guys, kind of not 100% related to the exhaust but I was having the rattle from the front pipe heat shield. Yesterday I just got annoyed and removed the heat shield, do you think this can cause any harm, like melting anything? Thank you

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hey guys, kind of not 100% related to the exhaust but I was having the rattle from the front pipe heat shield. Yesterday I just got annoyed and removed the heat shield, do you think this can cause any harm, like melting anything? Thank you

It will increase temps in the tunnel there most likely (and whatever is above that). You can always slightly bend it while it's out of the car, or use some gold or silver heat-tape on the chassis in its place (Not sure how well that will hold up to the elements though... not an "official recommendation".)

Ctr_berg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 championship white ctr
Country flag
It will increase temps in the tunnel there most likely (and whatever is above that). You can always slightly bend it while it's out of the car, or use some gold or silver heat-tape on the chassis in its place (Not sure how well that will hold up to the elements though... not an "official recommendation".)
Thank you. If it just gets a little hot, and nothing gets damaged I’m okay with it. But if any one chimes in and says I definitely need the heat shield so nothing gets burnt or melted, that would be my answer.

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Guy’s, i must say this was not the same issue with my AWE Touring Exhaust. I current have the PRL Catted DP matted with the AWE TE and it’s producing a sharp drone tone around 2-2.5k rpm. Been driving around for about 2weeks now and decided to sound dampened my trunk and took away the high pitched sound but kept the drone at around 2-2.5k rpm. You can still listen to music and talk but the sound is noticeable and thats my cruise rpm so there was no getting away from it. I had a friend of mine create a Helmholtz resonator towards the front section after the front pipe before the resonator, and that did the trick. No more drone for me and just straight joy-able AWE exhaust sound. I’ll post pictures if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! CE3B55F1-EEA7-4123-9D25-8E0CE46844E2

Is this normal? I had the exhaust installed at AWE. maybe a clamp is loose?

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
CE3B55F1-EEA7-4123-9D25-8E0CE46844E2.jpeg

Is this normal? I had the exhaust installed at AWE. maybe a clamp is loose?
This is normal to see with condensation occurring, capturing the carbon in the water vapor which finds its way into the slip joints when it cools off. There is also residual grease in the pipes from the bending process that also burns off.

I'd clean it (brake cleaner would be OK once it is COOL) and keep an eye on it if its concerning.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This is normal to see with condensation occurring, capturing the carbon in the water vapor which finds its way into the slip joints when it cools off. There is also residual grease in the pipes from the bending process that also burns off.

I'd clean it (brake cleaner would be OK once it is COOL) and keep an eye on it if its concerning.
I appreciate the follow up. You guys make an awesome product and definitely offer top-tier service. Thanks man
Sponsored