Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
is this special sale for the AWE track edition ? If so I'll fall in line for it, if others who have dibs on it do not purchase it from you guys!
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd love to do an intake for the CTR to build on after the Supra intake. I know the new product pipeline is full atm so I don't see it happening in 2020 as much as I would love to see it.
Dave, if you built an intake with a larger MAF housing option on the FK8 it would sell like hotcakes. We can't run a ton of boost up top because the sensor caps out at 5 volts and the only way around this is a larger MAF housing. If people heard AWE made a badass intake that also ACTUALLY increased how much power you can run (unlike every single other intake on the market today), it would be sold out the same day.

There's only one option out there right now, Full Race's entire turbo kit, and few people want to buy the entire kit for that. Everybody's making all of these airflow-increasing parts like throttle bodies and cams, but it's heavily limited if we can't measure that extra airflow because the MAF sensor caps out.

Last edited:

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dave, if you built an intake with a larger MAF housing option on the FK8 it would sell like hotcakes. We can't run a ton of boost up top because the sensor caps out at 5 volts and the only way around this is a larger MAF housing. If people heard AWE made a badass intake that also ACTUALLY increased how much power you can run (unlike every single other intake on the market toay), it would be sold out the same day.

There's only one option out there right now, Full Race's entire turbo kit, and few people want to buy the entire kit for that. Everybody's making all of these airflow-increasing parts like throttle bodies and cams, but it's heavily limited if we can't measure that extra airflow because the MAF sensor caps out.
Eventuri intake is only intake I know which has to be tuned as it changes the MAF parameters! With Hondata it has shown proven big gains, it is pricey but then again we are paying top dollar for exhaust systems which also don’t amount to huge gains, better airflow all around yes. The numbers don’t lie , and I myself was skeptical about Eventuri until I pull trigger on it and with Hondata tune it really came alive, ran others with similar mods and tune and in real world driving, night and day difference. But don’t take my word for it just my 2 cents and personal experience with running before and after and no tune n after tune and putting it against other Fk8 with similar mods. Cheers! ??

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Eventuri intake is only intake I know which has to be tuned as it changes the MAF parameters! With Hondata it has shown proven big gains, it is pricey but then again we are paying top dollar for exhaust systems which also don’t amount to huge gains, better airflow all around yes. The numbers don’t lie , and I myself was skeptical about Eventuri until I pull trigger on it and with Hondata tune it really came alive, ran others with similar mods and tune and in real world driving, night and day difference. But don’t take my word for it just my 2 cents and personal experience with running before and after and no tune n after tune and putting it against other Fk8 with similar mods. Cheers! ??
Eventuri having to change the MAF calibration has to do with the way the air flows, not that it has a larger MAF housing. They kept the cross-sectional diameter at the MAF and expand after it. You have to do the same for most inlet pipes and several intakes. I've recently found that the idea that you don't have to tune for the various intakes because 'it's still within 5% trim' isn't true. There's an issue in feedback control with these ECUs that can cause AF swings if the AFM tables are even slightly off.

Unfortunately, the numbers do lie. These intakes aren't increasing airflow or power in and of themselves, they're reducing heat soak which makes the ECU want to command more power for longer periods of time. Imagine a bar straw - very hard to breathe through. Now breathe through a toilet paper tube - it doesn't restrict you at all. Going bigger and breathing through a huge air duct isn't going to let you breathe more. These manufacturers claiming +20hp from an intake are full of shit and they have been since the beginning. You could get the same results by living in a cold climate.

If they just said 'hey, we lower IATs which makes your engine run this extra 20hp for longer' that'd be one thing - but they don't.

The point is that with a stock turbo, airflow isn't a restriction on the K20C1 other than the catalytic converter. The measurement of the airflow is. Exhausts, inlet pipes, intercoolers, intakes - they all do primarily one of two things: change turbo backpressure and change IATs. Neither one of those things actually gives you more power, it just lets you bring power on faster and longer in warm climates.

Now, if you've got a fat ass turbo and fuel system - this may no longer be the case.

Last edited:

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Eventuri having to change the MAF calibration has to do with the way the air flows, not that it has a larger MAF housing. They kept the cross-sectional diameter at the MAF and expand after it. You have to do the same for most inlet pipes and several intakes. I've recently found that the idea that you don't have to tune for the various intakes because 'it's still within 5% trim' isn't true. There's an issue in feedback control with these ECUs that can cause AF swings if the AFM tables are even slightly off.

Unfortunately, the numbers do lie. These intakes aren't increasing airflow or power in and of themselves, they're reducing heat soak which makes the ECU want to command more power for longer periods of time. Imagine a bar straw - very hard to breathe through. Now breathe through a toilet paper tube - it doesn't restrict you at all. Going bigger and breathing through a huge air duct isn't going to let you breathe more. These manufacturers claiming +20hp from an intake are full of shit and they have been since the beginning. You could get the same results by living in a cold climate.

If they just said 'hey, we lower IATs which makes your engine run this extra 20hp for longer' that'd be one thing - but they don't.

The point is that with a stock turbo, airflow isn't a restriction on the K20C1 other than the catalytic converter. The measurement of the airflow is. Exhausts, inlet pipes, intercoolers, intakes - they all do primarily one of two things: change turbo backpressure and change IATs. Neither one of those things actually gives you more power, it just lets you bring power on faster and longer in warm climates.

Now, if you've got a fat ass turbo and fuel system - this may no longer be the case.
I agree with all
You have stated to a point ... Yes you are correct that numbers to lie at times and companies do put up fake numbers... But on street performance doesn’t lie . Power under the curve doesn’t lie.

All I am saying is Eventuri is literally only intake I have seen get big gains and yes hard to believe since its an intake.

I have run not one but several Type Rs with more or less same mods and tune and one had Mishimoto and exhaust, Another Takeda , and Injen ... All which Hondata proved it gained worse then stock... And on the road 40mph pulls the car pulled away with ease. Again not here to say we don’t need a bigger MAF and more intake options which are actually legit, but Eventuri does run better then the rest that is on the market. I believe there was someone who tried to debunk Eventuri and it showed pretty impressive gains.

I usually don’t speak often on here and prefer to trial and error myself . All I can say is my fk8 with just literally a tune n Hondata tune is running a lot faster then other Fk8s.

I get your skepticism, and I myself was and am a skeptic more times then not.I did research before pulling trigger on the intake and was still in doubt, but after driving and seeing the results, the real life street performance doesn’t lie and not talking butt dyno neither. Actual other TypeRs .

Until you can show me proof then I can only go based off my actual personal results.

Apologies for hijacking and sidetracking this thread ?. I am done as I am sure we can go on forvever on this mate.

If your ever in Boston by chance your more then welcome to come for a spin and maybe that will change your thoughts. Maybe not! Maybe I just have a freak motor (not likely) .

And agreed with a fat turbo and Fuel system upgrade ( that will be in future plans as well) ?.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anybody have a sound clip of the AWE touring exhaust with a prl catless downpipe?
love the way this exhaust sounds but all clips i heard have been catted

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
anybody have a sound clip of the AWE touring exhaust with a prl catless downpipe?
love the way this exhaust sounds but all clips i heard have been catted
Not the usual flybys, but it's something - excuse my excitement for finally finding one in the wild. As far as I know the owner is running PRL's catless DP.