Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Tagged

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, BBP
Country flag
@Dave/AWE My R comes in here in about 2-3 weeks. Do you guys have a back order for the track exhaust atm?

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
I am getting some metal rubbing sounds but I'm almost certain it's the heat shield. hoping to be able to get the car back on the lift to check it out.! ??
99.9% sure it's touching the heat shield-which is an easy fix just bend it a little with a long screw driver/pry bar and you're good.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Guys, check out this installation tip from Sean @aweinstalls about making sure the heat shield is out of the way when you install your AWE system to ensure you have no rattling.

I'm going to also say, you might as well go ahead and bend the heat shield out of the way before you remove it to ensure it has more of gap when you reinstall it. Planning ahead will make this way easier for you!

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Guys, check out this installation tip from Sean @aweinstalls about making sure the heat shield is out of the way when you install your AWE system to ensure you have no rattling.

I'm going to also say, you might as well go ahead and bend the heat shield out of the way before you remove it to ensure it has more of gap when you reinstall it. Planning ahead will make this way easier for you!
Thanks for getting that vid out there! This is important, because if you're rattling it's gonna cause the knock sensors to go off and reduce power.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Killin me here, Dave. I can't afford one for a few more months at least. AGHGHH