Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Pulled the trigger on awe touring exhaust through vivid racing. I was told eta ship date is about end of October. Ordered on 9/5.
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
So is this still only available with AWE Front Pipe? Anyone install the exhaust without the AWE front pipe or is it not possible without some crazy modifications?

bTw one of the best sounding exhausts for sure, will be getting one down the line, since I just ordered my Front pipe and DP from another company, so will rock that for a bit and when time comes to buy full exhaust system, will be definitely reaching out to AWE ! Good stuff ! ?.
Likely won’t work if its meant to meet up with the factory exhaust as the diameter is smaller, etc.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Question for you guys with the AWE touring. I've had my exhaust installed for about 8k km now and I'm finding that only my middle tip gets dirty. Anyone have similar experiences? Shouldn't my tips get equally dirty? Dont mind my dirty car lol

20200917_084547.jpg
Since you are driving at a lower average throttle opening the exhaust will seek the path of least resistance. This means you will have a little more flow through the center pipe and less through the sides until you increase the exhaust pressure with the pedal on the right called the “exhaust gas and noise regulator pedal”. It’s next to the brake. Also called the Fun Pedal.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Likely won’t work if its meant to meet up with the factory exhaust as the diameter is smaller, etc.
was thinking more if it would work with an aftermarket Front pipe which is bigger diameter then OE? PRL or RV6 FP for example. Would they still not work?

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
was thinking more if it would work with an aftermarket Front pipe which is bigger diameter then OE? PRL or RV6 FP for example. Would they still not work?
We ran a PRL DP on our devo car. Out front pipe is larger than stock. I don’t see a benefit to trying to make an alternative work.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
We ran a PRL DP on our devo car. Out front pipe is larger than stock. I don’t see a benefit to trying to make an alternative work.
yeah it was more of if you already have a front pipe from someone else, and when I bought the AWE if there was a option to skip on Front pipe section, but no worries just means I will have to sell the front pipe, when time comes to purchase/install this exhaust.

Thanks for the feedback on this.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Hi another question.

I've started the car a few times to let family and friends hear the AWEsomeness of the new sound. Each one of them remarked about the black smoke coming out of the exhaust. I don't recall hearing about black smoke and since I'm the only one who is driving my car, I'm not back there to ever have seen it. So question - is this something to worry about? Seems like dumb question but since so many voluntary comments, thought I'd ask.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi another question.

I've started the car a few times to let family and friends hear the AWEsomeness of the new sound. Each one of them remarked about the black smoke coming out of the exhaust. I don't recall hearing about black smoke and since I'm the only one who is driving my car, I'm not back there to ever have seen it. So question - is this something to worry about? Seems like dumb question but since so many voluntary comments, thought I'd ask.
That depends. Did you just install it? Is it really black, or is it more whiteish? It could just be oils from the manufacturing process burning off.

Otherwise, it usually means your engine is running rich for some reason. Are you tuned? If so, you should take a look at your datalogs (or have us take a look at them)

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
That depends. Did you just install it? Is it really black, or is it more whiteish? It could just be oils from the manufacturing process burning off.

Otherwise, it usually means your engine is running rich for some reason. Are you tuned? If so, you should take a look at your datalogs (or have us take a look at them)
Thanks for checking in. No, I had AWE install and SEAN did great job. The words used were "black", but I guess I need to look closer. Not tuned. I'll give it a few more days, but I've put about 300 miles on it already so I'm guessing the goop inside should be gone by now.....

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Thanks for checking in. No, I had AWE install and SEAN did great job. The words used were "black", but I guess I need to look closer. Not tuned. I'll give it a few more days, but I've put about 300 miles on it already so I'm guessing the goop inside should be gone by now.....
There is grease left over from the pipe bending in the manufacturing process that could take many drive cycles to burn off. Anything beyond some residual smoke would indicate another issue, or just racecar. Assuming you are running stock DP.

Try to grab a video.

Last edited:

Savage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Installed my touring edition Friday night. The first night of driving the car was very loud however after driving around 100miles it has already toned down a bit. The exhaust note is deep and mean with no raspyness which was exactly what I was going for! This is my first exhaust system and honestly not sure what drone is but I don't think I'm getting any of it. When I'm accelerating the tone is definitely more noticeable and when I'm cruising on the highway it's not too obnoxious. I am getting some metal rubbing sounds but I'm almost certain it's the heat shield. hoping to be able to get the car back on the lift to check it out. Now I'm anxiously waiting for my catted prl dp for some extra hmph. Big shout out to @MAPerformance for one week delivery! And to awe for such an AWEsome product! ??

Thatwhitefk8

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Fresh off the awe express and wow I love my track edition and Sean is like the Jedi master super quick install plus my hasport mount

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 64485AAA-3574-4EF4-9E15-81D7C3205412

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 2A6CABD4-79AE-46A2-BD7B-2C3EE65599B9

Thatwhitefk8

First Name
Irvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Here’s a sound clip of driving home sounds great cruising and when you step on it omg move out the way
Sponsored

Attachments