Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
An exhaust and front pipe is the only thing I'm missing at this point.. seeing this responsiveness on the forums from you guys alone is probably gonna end up with me slapping AWE on over anyone else.

Hopefully it isn't out of stock by the time I manage to throw enough money together for one!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
An exhaust and front pipe is the only thing I'm missing at this point.. seeing this responsiveness on the forums from you guys alone is probably gonna end up with me slapping AWE on over anyone else.

Hopefully it isn't out of stock by the time I manage to throw enough money together for one!
We typically build-to-order unless there are components leftover from a batch of builds. When you're ready, give us a shout and if we don't have one on-hand, we can make one for ya or look to the dealer network to see if anyone has one on their shelf. :)

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
It’s installed and I’m in love. What more can I say? Will have to drive the crap out of my car to break in as it’s pretty dang loud compared to what I was expecting with my catted DP but I’m a happy camper.. not sure if the neighbours will be though. Can’t imagine catless + track edition!

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
It’s installed and I’m in love. What more can I say? Will have to drive the crap out of my car to break in as it’s pretty dang loud compared to what I was expecting with my catted DP but I’m a happy camper.. not sure if the neighbours will be though. Can’t imagine catless + track edition!
Glad to hear that you also got yours installed so quickly. I found that like the Full Race on our Si, it's a little louder on a cold start, but as soon as it leans out, it gets quieter and when warmed up, quieter still. After you get several hundred miles on it, I'm betting you'll be surprised at how...not quiet, but not loud...it is. Sounds big, not loud? Not certain how to express it in words, but you'll hear it for yourself.
I've put about 450-miles on mine between last Friday and Sunday. I park two spaces from my neighbor's window and he said it didn't bother them when I started it at 5:00 AM. yesterday (Monday) morning. That works for me.
Hope you enjoy the sound as much as I do!

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Glad to hear that you also got yours installed so quickly. I found that like the Full Race on our Si, it's a little louder on a cold start, but as soon as it leans out, it gets quieter and when warmed up, quieter still. After you get several hundred miles on it, I'm betting you'll be surprised at how...not quiet, but not loud...it is. Sounds big, not loud? Not certain how to express it in words, but you'll hear it for yourself.
I've put about 450-miles on mine between last Friday and Sunday. I park two spaces from my neighbor's window and he said it didn't bother them when I started it at 5:00 AM. yesterday (Monday) morning. That works for me.
Hope you enjoy the sound as much as I do!
Yeah I can feel that. Right now it's loud for sure (for me), but probably moreso because I'm not used to any sound on my car except engine and intake. Time to rack up the mileage to break it in!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Yeah I can feel that. Right now it's loud for sure (for me), but probably moreso because I'm not used to any sound on my car except engine and intake. Time to rack up the mileage to break it in!
Mileage and accumulation of soot within the pipes, and giving the packing material in the mid-pipe resonator time to fluff up will smooth it out / tone it down. After initial install is always the loudest moment :)

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Mark, nice job getting this on so quickly. I'm glad it worked out for you and you are happy with it.
Sponsored