Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
ya I did that the first time, still didn’t go in that easy at least for me. Just making sure there wasn’t anything else to do. No worries. Ah it was the engine mount bolt we didn’t do. Do we know what the torque specs are for those bolts? Instructions didn’t specify that number.
Let me see if I can find the Torque Spec from the Engineering team. I'll also ask for any tips for install.
Sponsored

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got my awe exhaust installed Saturday , track edition. This exhaust has been the one of the nicest exhaust I have heard for this car. Only thing is whenever I drive and shift around 3000-3500 I would hear rattles. It sounds more like a loose change sounds. I checked the hanger and heat shield, tightened the clamps and I still hear it. I hear it mostly towards the back. Do u guys have any issue with this as well? And if so what did u guys end up doing to fix it?

Last edited:

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Hey guys,

New to this but is 304L "less resistant" to corrossion versus standard 304? Reason I ask.. Canada and this car will see winter.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hey guys,

New to this but is 304L "less resistant" to corrossion versus standard 304? Reason I ask.. Canada and this car will see winter.
304L alloy’s lower carbon content than 304 helps minimize/eliminate carbide precipitation during the welding process. This allows 304L stainless steel to be used in the “as-welded” state, even in severe corrosive environments. If you were to use standard 304 stainless in the same way, it would degrade much faster at the weld joints.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
304L alloy’s lower carbon content than 304 helps minimize/eliminate carbide precipitation during the welding process. This allows 304L stainless steel to be used in the “as-welded” state, even in severe corrosive environments. If you were to use standard 304 stainless in the same way, it would degrade much faster at the weld joints.
Thanks @Dave/AWE ! Sorry I was just looking into it and I'm worried about the winters here. Love the exhaust and the sound with a catted DP.. looking into this more and more now.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
As everyone is getting their CTR's ready for the summer, I'm getting a lot of questions regarding Tip Cleaning. We have an FAQ section on our website that covers this and other important questions you might have.

Check out the care and feeding of your tips here:

Pro-Tip: Mark the tip location on the exhaust pipe with a Sharpie prior to removal for easy and fast alignment when you reinstall.

Check out our other FAQ's here.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
ya I did that the first time, still didn’t go in that easy at least for me. Just making sure there wasn’t anything else to do. No worries. Ah it was the engine mount bolt we didn’t do. Do we know what the torque specs are for those bolts? Instructions didn’t specify that number.
The torque specs on engine mount bolt is 69ft-lbs. I did lots of research before installing an dput together a combination of instruction and tips from online into one document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gf2pOBw9ESZSdiaQtR0BJ118yw_GNdmfvMtXwBno3EI/edit?usp=sharing

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got my awe exhaust installed Saturday , track edition. This exhaust has been the one of the nicest exhaust I have heard for this car. Only thing is whenever I drive and shift around 3000-3500 I would hear rattles. It sounds more like a loose change sounds. I checked the hanger and heat shield, tightened the clamps and I still hear it. I hear it mostly towards the back. Do u guys have any issue with this as well? And if so what did u guys end up doing to fix it?
Heat shield rattle. Mine was touching the front pipe. You can look through the engine bay in the back to visually check if heat shield is touching front pipe. If it is, go under and try to bend it upwards away from front pipe. This seems like a common problem that should be mentioned in instructions but it doesn't It shouldve been bent when it was removed which wouldve made it easier for me and others.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gf2pOBw9ESZSdiaQtR0BJ118yw_GNdmfvMtXwBno3EI/edit?usp=sharing

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't see that you said it was coming from the back, make sure the the clamps are positioned properly so that the bolt of the clamp doesn't touch or get close to anything under the car. If you can get under your car, try push on the exhaust and shaking it to see if you can replicate the sound and find out where there could be clearance issues.