Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
As someone who won’t be changing out the exhaust (Calif. emissions), I think you guys nailed the sound on the track edition. More rowdy but not overbearing, befits the Type R. Easily can tell the difference over a decent set of speakers or headphones.

@Josh/AWE The Track edition is basically a muffler delete vs the Touring, right? Both are resonated (for drone) and catted (for emissions), so can't be that bad ;).
Thanks for the kind words!

Both configurations have resonated mid pipes. The drone control is achieved by the 180 Technology® resonator located in the rear of the Touring Edition. Neither of the versions are catted. They can be classified as "downpipe-back" configurations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
one of the best sounding exhaust so far! I do plan on getting a new exhaust and this will definitely be on my short list.
Thank you! We're very proud of the soundtracks produced by these systems.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Touring edition sounds perfect to me. I have not liked the sound of any aftermarket exhaust until now. Any black friday specials planned?
Yes!

Get 15% off any of the newly released Civic systems.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! Civic

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Great job on the sound and design of the exhaust! And the fact that you can switch between the exhaust is a great idea.

Just to clarify - if I order the Track Exhaust, do I order the Touring Conversion kit so I can have the best of both worlds?
Correct! Then you would have both "axleback" portions to allow you to switch. Simpl slip the hangers off and loosen an Accu-seal clamp.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the kind words!

Both configurations have resonated mid pipes. The drone control is achieved by the 180 Technology® resonator located in the rear of the Touring Edition. Neither of the versions are catted. They can be classified as "downpipe-back" configurations.
Thank you for the clarification. What’s the middle hump on the front pipe if it’s not a cat?

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 400D8EAD-0195-4EB1-854A-CE17CB04A6F4

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Thank you for the clarification. What’s the middle hump on the front pipe if it’s not a cat?

400D8EAD-0195-4EB1-854A-CE17CB04A6F4.png
That is an internally-lined stainless braided flex section to accommodate engine movement/torquing.

FaDz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 200sx sev6; 2018 civic type-r
Country flag
Did y’all do test with with a catless downpipe on the touring edition and if so was there any drone?
evasive tested on with a catless downpipe on both models

TheTurk203

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R - 2018 Audi Q7 - 2016 Mercedes C300
Country flag
Just a few years late but looks and sounds good. just wish it came out WAY earlier
Sponsored