Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Crisostomoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
anyone have any good pics of the exhaust straight from the back? i love the sound from the videos, but am not a fan of being able to see the big muffler in the back haha. Also, @awe, any plans to bring more tip options (ie: burnt Ti)?
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 30A50E4E-F6C4-4EF0-8693-77D04822D6BD
anyone have any good pics of the exhaust straight from the back? i love the sound from the videos, but am not a fan of being able to see the big muffler in the back haha. Also, @awe, any plans to bring more tip options (ie: burnt Ti)?
Here’s one from straight back.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
If you don't want to see the resonator, get rowdy and grab the Track Edition!
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe-ctr-track-2

No on the Ti Tips.

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 99B08D30-81AB-4C40-A86F-5F3A7E897003

TLDR: make sure you install it correctly lol

Backing up the words of AWE. If there’s exhaust rattles, then installation went wrong. Every pipe from the fp back has to be pushed in all the way. The hangers should look like this just like AWE showed. You may have to remove the rear rubber hangers, put them on the hangers then back onto the oem hanger area. WD40 and exhaust hanger tools help a bunch.

adjusted my friends AWE exhaust and I had it, so AWE’s words are true lol.

ALSO , realized that some “vibrations” in the trunk area may be due to the rubber grommets on the rear hatch. Adjust those and it’ll get rid of those noises IF that’s it.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
99B08D30-81AB-4C40-A86F-5F3A7E897003.jpeg

TLDR: make sure you install it correctly lol

Backing up the words of AWE. If there’s exhaust rattles, then installation went wrong. Every pipe from the fp back has to be pushed in all the way. The hangers should look like this just like AWE showed. You may have to remove the rear rubber hangers, put them on the hangers then back onto the oem hanger area. WD40 and exhaust hanger tools help a bunch.

adjusted my friends AWE exhaust and I had it, so AWE’s words are true lol.

ALSO , realized that some “vibrations” in the trunk area may be due to the rubber grommets on the rear hatch. Adjust those and it’ll get rid of those noises IF that’s it.
Would you possibly be able to take a pic if these grommets? I've been experiencing hatch vibrations.

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R and 2019 Sport
Country flag
I have had the touring edition installed for over 1,000 miles now. I absolutely love the sounds it makes driving in the city but on the highway is a totally different story. It is super loud and annoying on the highway. It is to the point where I want to wear ear plugs if I'm going on the highway for any length of time. I'm contemplating going back to stock because of this. It's sad because the sound of the idle and acceleration leaves you smiling every time but then when you get on the highway all of that joy goes away.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I have had the touring edition installed for over 1,000 miles now. I absolutely love the sounds it makes driving in the city but on the highway is a totally different story. It is super loud and annoying on the highway. It is to the point where I want to wear ear plugs if I'm going on the highway for any length of time. I'm contemplating going back to stock because of this. It's sad because the sound of the idle and acceleration leaves you smiling every time but then when you get on the highway all of that joy goes away.
Thanks for the honest feedback Lauren. I sent you a DM but also wondering if you are running a tune and the other mods you have to intake/dp/cats? This will help us and other members gauge if this system is right for them.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just installed my touring AWE yesterday with a rv6 catless downpipe.

let me just say I am completely in love with this exhaust. It is a little loud when I cold start or heavy on the throttle but that’s how I wanted it. Sounds amazing though!

install is a little rough if you don’t have a lift or a jack that can lift it higher than normal.
I was looking into the awe touring to match with my HKS downpipe. How would you say your experience is while driving through the city at normal speeds? Alot of drone? excessive loudness?
Sponsored