Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

vZANBO

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Hi, has anyone experienced rattle near the muffler area of the touring edition? If so how do I fix it?
Sponsored

ale99llamas

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Rallye Red
Country flag
Check the prongs that connect to the hangar by the exhaust tips. Mine kept making contact with the FK8 hangar "stopper" which was making the rattling sound.

ale99llamas

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Rallye Red
Country flag
It started to rattle again this morning -_-

So on the AWE right rear hangar and the red chassis studs that supports the grommet has little to no clearance which is causing the rattling.

This the third time the shop has placed the FK8 on the lift and adjusted the exhaust. Mind you it's a very reputable shop here in the Bay Area.

I am going to notify AWE.

Below pics are the left and right hangars by the muffler.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG-8745.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG-8748.JPG

vZANBO

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
It started to rattle again this morning -_-

So on the AWE right rear hangar and the red chassis studs that supports the grommet has little to no clearance which is causing the rattling.

This the third time the shop has placed the FK8 on the lift and adjusted the exhaust. Mind you it's a very reputable shop here in the Bay Area.

I am going to notify AWE.

Below pics are the left and right hangars by the muffler.

IMG-8745.JPG

IMG-8748.JPG
Damn, if you find any solution pls hit me up!

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Seems like the tolerances are just off. Probably fine with a little rework.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the same problem. After adjusting it three times I fixed it. A slight redesign would be better though so people don't have to go through that. Nothing takes the fun out of a new exhaust like a rattle that's hard to locate.

vZANBO

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I had the same problem. After adjusting it three times I fixed it. A slight redesign would be better though so people don't have to go through that. Nothing takes the fun out of a new exhaust like a rattle that's hard to locate.
How did you adjust it?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Would it be possible to order like a pseudo-DIY kit w/o the front pipe? I'm pretty happy with my current aftermarket front pipe, and wouldn't mind spending a bit of time at the exhaust shop to get the pieces to work.
Hm. Can't guarantee the existing front pipe would mate with the remainder of our exhaust. Email my colleague, John, via [email protected]. No guarantee he will sell the exhaust without the FP, but you can try :)

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
We've never ran into this issue. Aside, everything is like a glove in terms of fitment as we create based off of laser scanned data. Our fixtures are even laser cut off of this data, so the components themselves are perfected. It's quite important to ensure all of the joints are bottomed out -- which may take a little extra oomph as our tolerances are very tight. This little bit of extra "slack" can cause a hiccup further back in the stream.

Glad ya got it sorted, though. :thumbsup:
Sponsored