Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Rmbrady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type r
Country flag
Hey, I'm in the same situation and thinking of the quiet resonator. You still happy? Any sound clips available?

Thanks!
I actually never got it welded in. When I got it, I couldn't find a reputable shop to do the work. Now I slap on the resonator when I'm going on a road trip. I'm obviously not concerned about looks, but it makes such a big difference.

Despite what AWE say the thing drones/booms/whatever like crazy right at the worst spot in the rev range. I'm sure their dual resonator works, but is way pricey. If you can find a good shop to weld in a Vibrant resonator I'm sure you'll be happy.
Sponsored

Noseknowsall

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I actually never got it welded in. When I got it, I couldn't find a reputable shop to do the work. Now I slap on the resonator when I'm going on a road trip. I'm obviously not concerned about looks, but it makes such a big difference.

Despite what AWE say the thing drones/booms/whatever like crazy right at the worst spot in the rev range. I'm sure their dual resonator works, but is way pricey. If you can find a good shop to weld in a Vibrant resonator I'm sure you'll be happy.
Awesome thanks man! Really helpful. Going to go through my local performance shop they sold me the exhaust.

Noseknowsall

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

For posterity/ anyone interested, the vibrant ultra quiet resonator made a tremendous difference in drone and I am very happy with the new exhaust sound.

Last edited:

R2069077

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Hi guys.
Should I get the new dual phase midpipe or the original touring edition? I am not planning to change the downpipe. But looking for more deep tone and POPs , lol. Which one u guys will recommend? Thx

Sporto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I own both, definitely get the dual phase mid-pipe, much less annoying cabin drone at 65mph in 6th gear, 2800rpm.

I have the original touring mid-pipe that AWE would not take back. I will sell it for $20, buyer pays shipping from MN.

Last edited:

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
Hi guys.
Should I get the new dual phase midpipe or the original touring edition? I am not planning to change the downpipe. But looking for more deep tone and POPs , lol. Which one u guys will recommend? Thx
Dual Phase midpipe has best the best seller since it came out.

-Josh

Pedro_arias

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-pace
Country flag
Did awe slightly redesign the track edition tips? I got rear ended and had to buy a new awe track to replace my current one, tips look a little bit different around where the clamp goes compared to my old one

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Did awe slightly redesign the track edition tips? I got rear ended and had to buy a new awe track to replace my current one, tips look a little bit different around where the clamp goes compared to my old one
Just the mounting interface. Folks were having trouble with the tip clamps here and there so we integrated them into the tips.