Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! AWE_email_header_PRODUCT-release-FORUM

VTEC. Turbo. AWE. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Honda FK8 Civic Type R available now at AWECivic.com, EvasiveMotorsports.com, and participating AWE dealers around the world.
  • Integrated front pipe included in all editions
  • Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
  • Max gains of 5 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
  • Touring Editions feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, tuned specifically for the K20
  • Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
  • Touring Edition available with optional DualPhase mid pipe engineered for additional sound tuning with aftermarket DPs
  • Bespoke stamped stainless steel trident tip merge
  • Modular tip designs allow easy interchangeability between dual and tri tip configurations
  • Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
  • Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
  • Triple or dual 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
  • Perfect fitment guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)

The Options

Touring Edition Exhaust:

At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A full 3” T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_touring_under
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_touring_1

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 3015-43000

Featuring an integrated front pipe, bespoke mid pipe resonator, and AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition delivers a full-bodied, rasp-free K20 soundtrack unachieved by any of its peers. Under boost and heavy throttle, the Touring Edition screams. At highway speeds, drone-free within the cabin -- the best of both worlds. Perfectly engineered and packaged for the FK8 Civic Type R, all backed by AWE No CEL and Perfect Fitment Guarantees.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_touring_2

Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology®

Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.

As exhaust gases exit the K20 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.

DualPhase Mid Pipe

• Engineered for use with aftermarket downpipes, or an OEM+ sound level if paired with the factory downpipe
  • Available separately as a conversion kit for existing Touring Edition Exhausts, and as the Touring Edition with DualPhase Mid Pipe
  • Further refines the K20 soundtrack both in and out of the cabin with aftermarket downpipes equipped
  • Pure bolt-on, no-cutting required
  • Perfect Fitment Guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL Guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty
The DualPhase mid pipe deploys additional helmholtz properties further upstream, working in tandem with the 180 Technology®-equipped rear section of the standard Touring Edition Exhaust, to keep harsh, drone-prone frequencies in check when paired to an aftermarket downpipe. Don’t have an aftermarket downpipe? You can still equip the DualPhase mid pipe to the factory downpipe for an OEM+ experience.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 3815-11666

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 3015-43000_2

Track Edition Exhaust

For those who like it raw and rowdy, the Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition shares the same integrated front pipe, bespoke mid pipe resonator, and precision engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_track_under

In place of the 180 Technology® resonator in the rear lies a Track Edition straight section. As a result, this version is known to get (really) rowdy in mid range acceleration and deceleration, and may be too much for many. You’ve been warned.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_track_1
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_track_2
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_track_4

Important fitment notes:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts include a full 3” front pipe. This front pipe is integrated into the design of the exhausts. AWE exhausts are not designed to mate with other aftermarket front pipes. Downpipes, on the other hand, should work just fine.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_front_pipe

Conversion Kits:

We made it easy to convert between Track and Touring Editions, as well as dual and triple tip configurations, if you decide at a later date to change your volume or the aesthetic.

Tip Options:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts feature a modular tip design that allows drivers the choice of running double or triple 4.5” slash-cut tips via our bespoke stamped tip merges. With such interchangeability, a dual tip configuration can be converted into a tri-tip configuration (and vice-versa) within minutes via an AWE Tip Conversion Kit.

Each exhaust comes complete with 4.5” double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black, and feature a stamped AWE logo. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_rear
Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_quarter

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_dual_tip_chrome_rear

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_dual_tip_chrome_quarter

What’s in the box?

Complete Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, two or three 4.5” double walled tips in desired finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_touring_5

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! dualphase-kit_2

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! awe_ctr_track_5

Data:

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! CTR-TOURING-WHEEL-DYNO

Last edited:

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Country flag
No prices given and Honda is not even an option on the UK website...

https://awe-tuning.co.uk/products/

The only dealer in the UK and it's about 300 miles away from me. Not really ideal if I want one installed or have any warranty issues after install.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
No prices given and Honda is not even an option on the UK website...

https://awe-tuning.co.uk/products/

The only dealer in the UK and it's about 300 miles away from me. Not really ideal if I want one installed or have any warranty issues after install.
You can email them directly via [email protected] (his name is Al) and let them know what you're looking for. Or email my colleague at HQ via [email protected], his name his John. He can take care of ya directly.

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
Just sold my daily and can finally afford to put some mods in the R. Do you guys recommend wrapping the front pipe with heat wrap? Thanks in advance!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Just sold my daily and can finally afford to put some mods in the R. Do you guys recommend wrapping the front pipe with heat wrap? Thanks in advance!
We run our Type R unwrapped here with no issues and it's daily driven (commuted in) . I'd talk to your tuner and see what they recommend. I don't believe there is an issue if you do decide to wrap it but if you want I can talk to the engineering crew. DM me.

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
We run our Type R unwrapped here with no issues and it's daily driven (commuted in) . I'd talk to your tuner and see what they recommend. I don't believe there is an issue if you do decide to wrap it but if you want I can talk to the engineering crew. DM me.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I see people do both without an issue. Guess it's just a personal choice/peace of mind type of thing lol

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Dave/AWE @Josh/AWE Would you mind finding out the total weight of the Touring Edition including and excluding front pipe? Thanks.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure! Weights below:
  • 48lbs with front pipe
  • 40lbs without
Keep in mind, our system is full 3" 304 stainless steel with a .065" wall thickness.:thumbsup:
Thanks! Already purchased. Good to know it’s almost factory (38 lb).