Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now!

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi guys,

So just finished installing my track edition exhaust yesterday, the install was pretty easy but we had a bit of problem at the end when connecting the Dual tip outlet (C34) to the track rear section (C33) the dual tip outlet doesn't seem to fit the track rear section so we need to hammer it a bit so it will fit.

Is this normal?
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hi guys,

So just finished installing my track edition exhaust yesterday, the install was pretty easy but we had a bit of problem at the end when connecting the Dual tip outlet (C34) to the track rear section (C33) the dual tip outlet doesn't seem to fit the track rear section so we need to hammer it a bit so it will fit.

Is this normal?
Totally not normal. Can you launch in a support ticket to Mike? even if you have "solved it", it would be important for us to track for quality reasons.

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Bruce_the_si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
AWE_email_header_PRODUCT-release-FORUM.png

Sin for the Civic. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Honda FC1/FC3 Civic Si, available now at AWECivic.com, EvasiveMotorsports.com, and participating AWE dealers around the world.
  • Integrated front pipe included in all editions
  • Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
  • Max gains of 6 hp and 1 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
  • Touring Editions feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, tuned specifically for the L15
  • Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
  • Bespoke stamped stainless steel trident tip merge
  • Modular tip designs allow easy interchangeability between dual and tri tip configurations
  • Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
  • Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
  • Triple or dual 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
  • Perfect fitment guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)
The Options

Touring Edition Exhaust:

At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A full 3” T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds.
si_touring_under.png

si_touring_1.png

Featuring an integrated front pipe, bespoke mid pipe resonator, and AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition delivers a full-bodied, rasp-free L15 soundtrack unachieved by any of its peers. Under boost and heavy throttle, the Touring Edition screams. At highway speeds, drone-free within the cabin -- the best of both worlds. Perfectly engineered and packaged for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si, all backed by AWE No CEL and Perfect Fitment Guarantees.

si_touring_2.png

Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology™

Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.

As exhaust gases exit the L15 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE 180 Technology® in the tab above.

si_touring_4.png

Track Edition Exhaust

For those who like it raw and rowdy, the Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition shares the same integrated front pipe, bespoke mid pipe resonator, and precision engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®.

si_track_under.png

In place of the 180 Technology® resonator in the rear lies a Track Edition straight section. As a result, this version is known to get (really) rowdy in mid range acceleration and deceleration, and may be too much for many. You’ve been warned.
si_track_1.png
si_track_2.png

si_track_1.png

Important fitment notes:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts include a full 3” front pipe. This front pipe is integrated into the design of the exhausts. AWE exhausts are not designed to mate with other aftermarket front pipes. Downpipes, on the other hand, should work just fine.

si_front_pipe.png

Conversion Kits:

We made it easy to convert between Track and Touring Editions, as well as dual and triple tip configurations, if you decide at a later date to change your volume or the aesthetic.

Tip Options:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts feature a modular tip design that allows drivers the choice of running double or triple 4.5” slash-cut tips via our bespoke stamped tip merges. With such interchangeability, a dual tip configuration can be converted into a tri-tip configuration (and vice-versa) within minutes via an AWE Tip Conversion Kit.

Each exhaust comes complete with 4.5” double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black, and feature a stamped AWE logo. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
si_dual_rear.png
si_dual_quarter.png
si_tri_rear.png
si_tri_quarter.png

What’s in the box?

Complete Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, two or three 4.5” double walled tips in desired finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.

si_touring_5.png

si_track_5.png

Data:

SI-TOURING-WHEEL-DYNO.jpg
So Ive had this on for about 7 months, I held off on writing a review, but to be honest, my car drones like crazy.Im starting to think something was wrong with the system. can anyone shed some light on this? The drone is so bad at highway speeds that It makes me want to go back to stock. again any reason why if AWE claims there is zero drone in cabin? I have an 18 coupe si and I bought the touring edition.

Bruce_the_si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I am so glad i went with this touring exhaust! It sounds so buttery and has some nice burbles and gurgles (on ktuner base) and the best part... NO drone!
now i need to go polish the tips.
How are you guys getting no drone! mine drones like a mofo

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had the AWE touring edition installed Thursday. OMG the crackles at the lower RPMs!!!! ????

I do have a question though. I don't know what drone sounds like. I definitely hear more sound inside the cabin, but I can't really describe it as annoying. Is that drone or just natural sound from having a more robust exhaust system?

Last edited:

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had the AWE touring edition installed Thursday. OMG the crackles at the lower RPMs!!!! ????

I do have a question though. I don't know what drone sounds like. I definitely hear more sound inside the cabin, but I can't really describe it as annoying. Is that drone or just natural sound from having a more robust exhaust system?
Just natural sound from the exhaust. Drone is a very annoying monotonous almost ear deafening sound that also kind of creates a vibration

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I don't know what drone sounds like. I definitely hear more sound inside the cabin, but I can't really describe it as annoying. Is that drone or just natural sound from having a more robust exhaust system?
Drone is a consistent and prominent frequency range that resonates throughout the cabin at a given RPM that makes driving uncomfortable. We target those frequencies and use the 180 Tech resonator development to cancel those.

Honda's don't have a ton of sound deadening material and when you add an exhaust, you will definitely get more engine noise in the car. That's why we put exhausts on cars... more connection, more volume.. and for driving under bridges and tunnels!

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just installed the AWE touring edition exhaust today. Was super easy to install and sounds absolutely amazing. Love the pops and burbles you get when shifting at low rpm.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now! 20201015_120946

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now! 20201015_120932