Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
You're referring to the clamps I presume. Worry not, friend, the system will last the life of your Civic and beyond. If anything, having slip fits makes life easier if you ever needed to remove it to get to something else on the car where the exhaust would be blocking your way. Proceed with confidence.
Yes, I am worried about clamps. I feel if entire pipe is in one piece like OEM then the durability may be more also better in NVH standpoint
Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

hellyvin

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Country flag
For those of you that have the system installed, did you feel like there was a drone when you first installed it? I've heard the exhaust quiets down a bit after about 800 miles but at the moment, I do hear a decent amount of drone between 1800-2700 RPM area. Was wondering what you guys have experienced after the break in.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
For those of you that have the system installed, did you feel like there was a drone when you first installed it? I've heard the exhaust quiets down a bit after about 800 miles but at the moment, I do hear a decent amount of drone between 1800-2700 RPM area. Was wondering what you guys have experienced after the break in.
Touring or Track Edition? There's zero drone with the Touring Edition. Track, maybe -- depending on one's sensitivity. May be a given, but sometimes drivers (in any kind of car) mistake exhaust tone for drone as they're used to the quiet nature in stock form.

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Touring or Track Edition? There's zero drone with the Touring Edition. Track, maybe -- depending on one's sensitivity. May be a given, but sometimes drivers (in any kind of car) mistake exhaust tone for drone as they're used to the quiet nature in stock form.
Ehhhh, I'm going to politely disagree. Droning on Accel is non-existent with the Track Edition, but high resonance drone is especially loud on decel between 3500 down to 3100 RPM or so. It's not a huge range and easy to shift up or down out of if you want to avoid it. Braking gets you out of it quickly if you're in 3rd and don't have time to shift before engine braking. I think the drone is manageable and by no means a deal-breaker, but it is present in my setup, with the stock downpipe. Happy to take vids of the difference between tone and drone transitioning from 3800RPM down through the drone range if someone wants an example

Last edited:

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I think the drone is manageable and by no means a deal-breaker, but it is present in my setup, with the stock downpipe
Hey, just to be clear... you are referring to your Touring system? If you are driving along at 65-70 on the highway are you experiencing drone?

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey, just to be clear... you are referring to your Touring system? If you are driving along at 65-70 on the highway are you experiencing drone?
Track edition, edited my post to be more clear. I would imagine the touring has zero drone, especially hearing y'all say it. You've been 100% on the mark with product promises so far in my experience!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Track edition
Ok cool... thanks for clarifying for the peeps here. Track is totally liveable to me too, I feel connected to the car but I love all things motorsportish... touring is definitely more mellow and refined in the cabin but sounds really nice outside.

Last edited:

Maplestory

First Name
Kt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan crystal black pearl
I finally got the chance to install the touring edition awe exhaust and I must say its worth every $$. Amazing product guys! Yall needa jump on the train lol