Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got a proper mic to record, and this is as representative to the in-person experience I can capture in a video. Do the audio justice by wearing headphones! I've had this exhaust for over 8 months, big thank you to @Josh/AWE for getting me first in line, I have no regrets!

Yes It is an aggressive exhaust, and any downpipe certainly amplifies the sound level but at no point will you hear any rasp when you watch the video. I'm trying to get a local friend who has just the Touring exhaust mated to the stock downpipe to come out and let me shoot a similar video because the sound level will be lower, and the tone will be smoother :)

If I can figure out a way to rig my Nikon D5300 DSLR + this mic (Conica V30 Lite) inside the car, I will take some interior clips. The best way I can sum it up is that at light to medium throttle it's decent since the added downpipe adds some roughness to the tone, but WOT it will make the hairs on the back of your neck rise! It's an experience to hear it, especially in an underpass or tunnel ? Can't wait to ditch the DMF so the revs will fly and drop much faster!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
This is an UNOFFICIAL FAQ Friday Post.

I've gotten a few questions this week from new AWE Exhaust owners and I wanted to remind everyone about to have some fun putting a system on this weekend, we have detailed instructions here on our website!

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now! Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 5.49.13 PM

Today's Question- why is my tail pipe so low?
Answer- It's important to make sure your hangers are oriented as shown in Fig. 21 on the brackets for proper installation.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
My race version, the left side hanger has come apart. Didn't hit anything, the weld just snapped, the small support rod that ties in the 2 longer rods. Looking at it, not really sure why AWE didn't use the other stock mounting points up the center of the car at all and utilized the 2 outer mounts only. Just seems if the mid center and rear center near the muffler were used it would have been even more stable. On the touring model it at least uses 2 of those inner mounting points. Mine has even less weight since only using 1 outlet and the small sedan extension (the 3 outlet pipe is quite heavy actually) and the weld broke long after it was just the 1 outlet.
Fill this out ASAP please.

be12nard

First Name
InvisibleWorld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic EXL
Country flag
I recently just purchased the Tracking Edition for my 2020 Honda Civic Si and I absolutely love this exhaust. Coming from a stock exhaust to the AWE TRACK EDITION exhaust is worth the money.

Pros:
- The Track Edition isn’t so loud in the cabin, but you can definitely hear it from the outside! Therefore you can be able to talk to people inside the car without yelling!
- I love that I can control the “roar” with the exhaust as the Track Edition can catch attention with police. (I’ll usually keep it between 2k-3k when I need too)
- The fact this exhaust has an option for a later date to change your tips or switch from track to touring is perfect.
- Finally removed the HDMI port haha

Cons:
- If this is your first time installing the exhaust, you will have a hard time removing the bolts as they were completely tight as hell!
- I’m only saying it’s hard to switch the exhaust if you do not get the car on a lift. It’s hard to work under the car from my personal experience.

Overall:
I love the new exhaust and i would rate this exhaust a 9/10. Shoutout to @Josh/AWE for assisting me in obtaining this exhaust!
Did you get the dual or triple tips?

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Glad they took care of you! The customer service is one thing really making me lean towards AWE over the other options. I'm so close to pulling the trigger.
We are always around covering IG and most messages here into the wee hours of the AM. This weekend I was troubleshooting a CTR install over IG DM helping our customer correct some things he missed on the installation and align everything. We try to give the level of service we always wanted as enthusiasts. ;)

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Not only that, but the bonus is...a nice sounding exhaust that comes with a front pipe. Most, I believe, don’t really factor that in when looking at the pricing compared to other brands.

Fun fact, I went to college with and played football with Brian Finneran... go Falcons (and Wildcats)!

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not only that, but the bonus is...a nice sounding exhaust that comes with a front pipe. Most, I believe, don’t really factor that in when looking at the pricing compared to other brands. I’m eventually going to go custom Ti piping for the weight reduction and tone; in the meantime till that happens this was a very solid choice.
it comes with a front pipe? i never noticed that?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
it comes with a front pipe? i never noticed that?
Heck yeah it does, with a beefy internally-lined flex section as well. It's the component furthest left in the kit pictured below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now! si_touring_5_1

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now! si_touring_1_1