Premium Audio Fader Control

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I have a 2020 Civic SI Coupe with the Premium Audio.
The only modification that I have done is upgraded the door tweeters and center speaker with Hertz speakers.

I find that the soundstage is a bit overpowering from the front speakers.
Anyone fade the sound to the rear?
If so, what is your preferred setting on the fader control? (I do realize that this would be personal preference).

Thank you!
Sponsored

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i usually do 1 or 2 notches to the front

Last edited:

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My advice based on the experiences of others:

Fade 100% to the fronts. Adjust settings to make them sound their best at all volumes and with all styles of material that you play through them. Then... begin mixing in the rear speakers to taste.

Alternately...

Keep in mind that the fader control doesn't begin to lower the fronts until you cross the halfway point, IIRC. So going from 100% fronts to 50/50 is just bringing up the volume of the rears. 51% is where the fronts begin to be attenuated; while the rears stay the same. It's more of a cut than a boost.

You have my sympathies with this system as Honda has make it almost impossible (for me) to live with it. The EQ seems to be dynamic and it's hard to nail down and begin to adjust other parameters.

The only thing I found useful was to listen to some smooth MUZAK style elevator music at mid volume to find the sweet spot re: the fader level of the optimum mix of front to rear. Then... leaving that setting alone... begin to adjust the EQ. The MUZAK doesn't seem to activate the system's dynamic signal processing as much and allows a more accurate representation of the tonal differences between front and rear.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

And good luck!

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
While I agree on having no rear balance at all, the preferred soundstage is totally based on opinion. I prefer to have a time aligned frontal soundstage. That being said, have you sat in the back seat and listened to what the stock amp puts out on the rear set compared to the front? It'll blow you away with how trash the signal is back there. I wouldn't want to make the rears any louder than they already are, honestly.
Sponsored