Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Btw, how hard is it to fit the Radium reservoir on the non Type R? What needs to be modified? My engine bay is really clean as in literally clean but it’s still an eyesore to look at for not having little details like this
Sponsored

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Btw, how hard is it to fit the Radium reservoir on the non Type R? What needs to be modified? My engine bay is really clean as in literally clean but it’s still an eyesore to look at for not having little details like this
It's fairly simple, you need to move the bigger hose with a same size male to male barb fitting and connect to the bottom of the tank and use a new 3/8 hose with a new "T" barb fitting for the top. I need to find the exact sizes of the lower barb fitting somewhere, but the picture should give you an idea. Everything else bolts up exactly like the FK8.

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build 20230307_142308

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
This looks like an awesome build! I appreciate that you're addressing handling as well as power. Also, thank you for your business!
Thank you for the offering of great stuff for our platform. Looking forward to your future releases of products.

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I was trying to re-tune for the Skunk2 Stage 1 cams and was losing DI fuel pressure pretty badly. Had to drop the E85 mix down and boost down to be able to drive without going into limp mode. Good news is that the cams are demanding a lot more fuel and car is faster than before.

Made me decide I needed a fuel upgrade and ordered an Accord 2.0t HPFP and Injectors and figure out the harness myself. A little trial and error and got my PnP harness done and dropped the fuel system in today. Started the car and everything works like it should. Now time to tune with the extra fuel and see the potential.

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build 20230321_210054

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build 20230321_190236

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build 20230318_145154

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build 20230319_131031

Before the Accord 2.0t Fuel system, I was trying to validate a revision for the Skunk2 S1 cams with a Dragy run and car went into limp mode around 100 and lost power from the DI fuel pressure dropping too much for too long. Still car was fastest its ever been.

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build Screenshot_20230316_213742_dragy

Last edited:

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have the 8722 now and will switch to the Q0676 soon when i get it next week. How do you like the Q0676?
It's definitely noticeable from the 8722. It felt like my exhaust changed tone or the way you hear it. It's definitely an improvement. Got about 700 miles on it now and it's settled down a little, but you can still feel it's there for sure. A little more harsh, but not unbearable. I think some of it is subjective to the person though.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
It's definitely noticeable from the 8722. It felt like my exhaust changed tone or the way you hear it. It's definitely an improvement. Got about 700 miles on it now and it's settled down a little, but you can still feel it's there for sure. A little more harsh, but not unbearable. I think some of it is subjective to the person though.
I had the oem CTR rmm with whiteline insert. I didn't mind the added NVH and loved everything about it except for idle when the A/C was on. Shook the damn car so bad unless i kept the rpms up a bit. Switched it out immediately for a used 8722 but not happy with it. Hopefully the Q0676 provides the same level of performance benefits without the crazy vibrations when the A/C is on.

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I had the oem CTR rmm with whiteline insert. I didn't mind the added NVH and loved everything about it except for idle when the A/C was on. Shook the damn car so bad unless i kept the rpms up a bit. Switched it out immediately for a used 8722 but not happy with it. Hopefully the Q0676 provides the same level of performance benefits without the crazy vibrations when the A/C is on.
The vibration with the Q0676 at idle with A/C is not bad, you can feel it but it's nothing unbearable in my opinion.

Redwing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si coupe
Country flag
"I was trying to re-tune for the Skunk2 Stage 1 cams and was losing DI fuel pressure pretty badly. Had to drop the E85 mix down and boost down to be able to drive without going into limp mode. Good news is that the cams are demanding a lot more fuel and car is faster than before.

Before the Accord 2.0t Fuel system, I was trying to validate a revision for the Skunk2 S1 cams with a Dragy run and car went into limp mode around 100 and lost power from the DI fuel pressure dropping too much for too long. Still car was fastest its ever been."
I have a few questions if you don't mind. As far as I can see, there are very few people running aftermarket cams on these 1.5L's. Overall, how have the cams been for you so far? (If you can) What RPM range can you tell a difference in? Do they cause any start-up/ idling changes? Intake/exhaust note changes?

I also saw you mentioned that the car is requesting a lot more fuel. It is my concerned that the HPFP that is driven by the intake cam (if I am not mistaken) may have had a profile change. Thus could lead to lower performance in fuel delivery. I know that the stock fuel system in these cars are a large bottle neck, so my concerns are probably unwarranted.

Regardless, thankyou so much for letting us know your journey! I love the build! Please keep us updated!

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The cams seem to help all around, maybe a little more in the mid range if I was going off my butt dyno.

The HPFP lobe should be the same as the Si, but I'm starting to have my doubts. I had the Si Intake cam before and now I've been losing fuel pressure. I'm still having the same issues with the Accord 2.0t HPFP which doesn't make sense. So maybe Skunk2 messed up the HPFP lobe.

The idle is similar to stock, but if you listen closely might be able to tell a difference.

I'm still in the middle of trying to figure out what's going on. All the fuel pressure issues started after the cams so not sure, but the car is definitely faster and making more power so hard to pinpoint. I'm putting the OE HPFP back in and try to run it with the Accord injectors.

Who knows, I might go back to the Si Intake cam or if Hondata is willing to sell their cam and just run the Skunk2 exhaust cam. Not sure, but I'll document it.

Redwing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"Who knows, I might go back to the Si Intake cam or if Hondata is willing to sell their cam and just run the Skunk2 exhaust cam. Not sure, but I'll document it."
LOL, I thought the same thing about using the Hondata intake cam and a Skunk2 exhaust. Kind of like the 2.0t exhaust VTEC. I am looking forward to how things pan out.

Its awesome that you are pioneering new modifications and find results! Thankyou so much for your sacrifice!

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Finished up the E-tune with upgraded fuel system and now have plenty of fuel for the turbo, cams, and setup. Making 29 psi from 4th gear (virtual) onwards. Still fine tuning the traction control and boost by gear for 1st & 2nd (virtual), but almost finished up.

The Accord 2.0t fuel system took some tweaking and experimenting to get it all dialed in and working properly. Was a learning experience to say the least.

Car still has a slow start and 60ft, but the fine tuning being done now is improving things. I'm not all that interested in drag racing a CVT, but it does help to validate parts, tuning, etc. I tried to dyno this thing, disabled VSA with the pedal dance, but it goes in a semi limp mode from the traction control logic we're guessing and runs -14° of timing the entire dyno pull and makes Geo Metro-like power on the dyno.

Got a decent Dragy run in this morning and then went to the scales to weigh the car after so I could input accurate #s to get a rough HP estimate based on trap speed and weight. 1/4 mile time is slow, but trap speed is a good indicator of power. I'm only about 145lbs so the math for 111.49mph and 3285lbs estimates the power between 350-350 whp depending on the calculator I'm using. The boost is limited in 1st which feels like a good chunk of the run and playing with bumping that up right now. I'm guessing the trap speed won't change with the tweaks, but will speed the car up from a stop. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the progress of this little CVT grocery getter so far.

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build Screenshot_20230411_053026_dragy

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build 20230411_090058

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build Screenshot_20230411_172739_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen Precord96's FK7 - 2020 EX Build Screenshot_20230411_172923_Chrome

Last edited:

Redwing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finished up the E-tune with upgraded fuel system and now have plenty of fuel for the turbo, cams, and setup. Making 29 psi from 4th gear (virtual) onwards. Still fine tuning the traction control and boost by gear for 1st & 2nd (virtual), but almost finished up.

The Accord 2.0t fuel system took some tweaking and experimenting to get it all dialed in and working properly. Was a learning experience to say the least.
Alright! It's great to hear you got everything working together! Those are some spicy numbers you are putting down on the dragy and some of the fastest I have seen from a CVT. I think with your power figures it would be a good stopping point for the engine and transmission. I would be careful how much torque you allow in the transmission and how aggressive you let the turbo spool.

That being said, push the car as far as you feel comfortable! Also, I wouldn't worry much about your 60ft times as the FWD aspect of our platform is its largest detractor. Maybe you could aim for ~2.25sec 60ft, but I think looking at 0-60 times is a better indicator of traction/power management in that regard.

Also, I noticed your acceleration graph was rather rough. Placement of your dragy can change the smoothness of your acceleration graph by isolating harsh vibrations. I would place the dragy somewhere more isolated (maybe in the back seats or trunk.)

Thankyou so much for sharing your experience! I think I will be pulling the trigger on some FBO parts inspired by this build. Also, those Skunk2 cams are looking real nice... hmm... and bigger turbo...

Where was I...?? Ah yes! Please let us know how everything goes! I am following this build closely!

OP
OP
Precord96FK7

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Alright! It's great to hear you got everything working together! Those are some spicy numbers you are putting down on the dragy and some of the fastest I have seen from a CVT. I think with your power figures it would be a good stopping point for the engine and transmission. I would be careful how much torque you allow in the transmission and how aggressive you let the turbo spool.

That being said, push the car as far as you feel comfortable! Also, I wouldn't worry much about your 60ft times as the FWD aspect of our platform is its largest detractor. Maybe you could aim for ~2.25sec 60ft, but I think looking at 0-60 times is a better indicator of traction/power management in that regard.

Also, I noticed your acceleration graph was rather rough. Placement of your dragy can change the smoothness of your acceleration graph by isolating harsh vibrations. I would place the dragy somewhere more isolated (maybe in the back seats or trunk.)

Thankyou so much for sharing your experience! I think I will be pulling the trigger on some FBO parts inspired by this build. Also, those Skunk2 cams are looking real nice... hmm... and bigger turbo...

Where was I...?? Ah yes! Please let us know how everything goes! I am following this build closely!
Thanks for the follow and feedback! I'll try moving the dragy to another spot, I have it sitting on a magnetic phone mount during runs and makes sense. I think I'm about done with the power/torque side of things now, just trying to fine tune a little and if I could see anything near a 2.25 60' ft I'll be more than satisfied.

As far as spool, since the turbo is bigger the natural spool characteristics helps with the CVT preservation down low, even if it's allowed to spool as fast as possible it won't hit target/peak boost til well into the 4,000+ rpm range.

Appreciate the response again.
Sponsored

Last edited: