First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking at upgrading both my front and rear garnishes from my pre-facelift Type R to the facelift ones. From doing a bit of research I understand that the front fascias are a straight swap whereas the rear ones require a bit of bumper cutting but after that they also slot straight in.

I'm wondering however whether this is still true if you have the parking sensors. I have a UK spec Type R and Honda sensing comes at standard on all Type Rs here and I'd rather not lose that functionality. I haven't seen any mention as to the compatibility of the parking sensors from the pre-facelift garnishes onto the facelift garnishes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Sponsored

Over9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
I'm of the understanding the front right facia houses the Radar and the left side the horn. The front parking sensors I think are in the same location on the facelift as the pre facelift. So I don't think you will lose functionality unless someone else knows better. Should be a straight swap over

OP
OP
UniiqueTwiisT

UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
I'm of the understanding the front right facia houses the Radar and the left side the horn. The front parking sensors I think are in the same location on the facelift as the pre facelift. So I don't think you will lose functionality unless someone else knows better. Should be a straight swap over
Okay thank you, I did hear someone say that the old sensors didn't fit or something but then again you hear a lot of stuff online. I'm interested to know if anyone with Honda sensing has done this mod and kept the sensor functionality.

Over9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Ok. i just assumed the sensors would fit but maybe that's risky way to go about it. Hopefully someone could give more of a definitive answer in that case.
Sponsored