First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX series gray
Country flag
HI guys,

Trying to decide between full hood/fender/bumper PPF for around $1750 to $1800 or going for partial hood/front bumper for around $850. On my last WRX I did partial hood/bumper and it worked pretty well, but I know the paint on these cars are pretty sensitive. Not sure it helps, but the car is PMM.
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did full frontal PPF, Hood, Fenders, Bumper, Mirrors, and headlights with ceramic coating for 1813 including tax.

Honda has a contract with Crayola to develop our paint. Just keep that in mind.

CTR SHARK

First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I went with half and am happy. only downside I can think of is when drying the car making sure to wipe the hood in the correct direction.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
I got none. Figured a) it's not a collectible and is my DD, and b) paying $2000 for PPF that will need to be replaced in 5 years is nuts. Just let the car collect chips and have it resprayed by a very good body shop whenever you want to sell it, and save your money.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'm gonna dip the front for winter. I'm actually testing a clear dip right now.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I got none. Figured a) it's not a collectible and is my DD, and b) paying $2000 for PPF that will need to be replaced in 5 years is nuts. Just let the car collect chips and have it resprayed by a very good body shop whenever you want to sell it, and save your money.
Yup.. worst part is when you get a few marks in the so-called "self healing" film that won't come out that you have to stare at everyday even when the car is clean or else you can pay $500 for them to re-do the panel. Just makes more sense to spray the whole front end again in a few years with that money.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
i have the full front covered. 21k miles later only one rock made it through and made a small nick under the passenger headlight. Rest of the car is pristine. I would do full front for peace of mind.

The film i have has a 10 year guarantee.

superchi

First Name
Chi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 Fit, 2001 CRV
Country flag
I daily my car, so I did full hood, front bumper, fenders, mirror caps, along with mudflap areas and lower doors. Ended up being around $2000. Front end looks perfect after about 10K miles, and I'm definitely a lot less anxious driving it around.

I had a Camaro SS prior and didn't do any PPF, and after about a year on Texas highways the front end was peppered with rock chips. It was an eyesore but it was never enough to justify doing a repaint for like $1000ish just for it to look like that again after a year.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Yup.. worst part is when you get a few marks in the so-called "self healing" film that won't come out that you have to stare at everyday even when the car is clean or else you can pay $500 for them to re-do the panel. Just makes more sense to spray the whole front end again in a few years with that money.
Yep. Did it once on one of my B7 RS4s. $1800 for front end PPF + full paint correction and detail. The 2nd week after having it done, a car kicked up a piece of metal that went right through the film and scratched the hood. Pointless.

AR-Delta

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I ended up with full hood, front bumper, fenders, mirror caps, a-pillars, front of roof, and the front portion of the rear flares. Just about everything facing forward that will get peppered on track.
Much less anxiety driving it around! Lol

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I haven’t had issues with XPEL Ultimate Plus. It’s usually pretty hard to leave a gouge whereas the factory paint is softer than baby poop. Definitely worth it IMO.

Akutober

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR CW
Country flag
Anyone got experience with PPF is SoCal? I feel like most of my drives are in traffic anyway and the prices I found so far kinda might not be worth. Looking to be persuaded to do it tho

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Anyone got experience with PPF is SoCal? I feel like most of my drives are in traffic anyway and the prices I found so far kinda might not be worth. Looking to be persuaded to do it tho
Raises hand lol.

1800 is pretty typical for a paint correction and ppf front end with the good stuff.
Sponsored