First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I got my front end (bumper, grill, fenders, mirrors, headlights) PPF'd the other week and have found a significant amount of imperfections throughout. Things like are bubbles, moisture, tar, and even what looks to be like someones eyelash. gross I know. It seems to me that they did not clay bar the car well enough to remove the contaminants.

I noticed a few of these (but not all) at the time I picked up the car and they informed me that the bubbles will go away over time. Its been about 14 days since installation and everything is still here. I know nothing is perfect in this world and curious to see what you guys think about this. I'm thinking of asking them to fix all of these issues, for what I paid which was $2k I don't think I should have to deal with bubbles and contaminants underneath the PPF since its clear that they didnt go a great job prepping it.

Here are some photos

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_0006

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_0591

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_0803

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_0940

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_1433

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_1497

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_2508

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_2845

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_2945

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_3184

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_3392

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_3738

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_4018

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_4416

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_4828

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_5399

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_5795

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_6394

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_6984

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_7068

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_7269

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_7432

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_7535

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_7692

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_8300

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_8529

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_9768

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? IMG_9863

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The only thing I think they can't do much about are the bumper drill holes divots. The rest of the bubbles and stuff trapped underneath looks to be 100% poor installation.

Most places have a guarantee that if there's anything wrong with it, they'll re-do it. Although if they did it this poorly to start, I hope they are capable of fixing it.

I honestly don't know what could be done about those license plate mounting divots, though.

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
You're not going crazy. It looks like they did a bad job of prepping the surface, and cutting/trimming the edges. I'd be taking a closer look to make sure they didn't cut into the paint and seals.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally needs to be stripped off, Properly prepped, and reapplied. That's a terrible job!:mad: I can clearly see the edge of the PPF around the fog lights ... makes me wonder what else might not be fully protected.

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
From this picture, you can tell they cut the seal between the hood and grill. You definitely want to check over every panel that the PPF was applied to. :(
IMG_7269.jpg

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Job looks sorta bad but I don’t think they will do any better lol

It’s their skills. Most likely if you have them redo it all the pulling and stretching they do will widen your bumper gap around your side markers and headlights and the results will still look similar.

Same place same employees you expect something different ?

I would just leave it and move on and ask for a discount instead. Some of those bubbles will disappear. But all that is so small nobody will notice it but you.

My full front ppF isn’t perfect either and I can see stretch marks here and there and some small bubbles but that is PPF for you and this car isn’t easy To work on not that I’m excusing any poor work.

OP
OP
typeRtommy

typeRtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
From this picture, you can tell they cut the seal between the hood and grill. You definitely want to check over every panel that the PPF was applied to. :(
IMG_7269.jpg
Are you talking about this ? I have noticed it looking like this before I got the PPF

Honda Civic 10th gen PPF Issues... Am I crazy? Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.29.25 AM

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Are the seams on the edges and corners of panels normal? That would bug the hell out of me and I would imagine collect dirt over time.

My car has the OEM Honda door edge and handle clear guards and I'm just waiting to find the time to remove them properly because the edges have gotten dirty and they look like crap now.

OP
OP
typeRtommy

typeRtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are the seams on the edges and corners of panels normal? That would bug the hell out of me and I would imagine collect dirt over time.

My car has the OEM Honda door edge and handle clear guards and I'm just waiting to find the time to remove them properly because the edges have gotten dirty and they look like crap now.
so far the edges do not look dirty, although I only drive about 10 miles a day. I don't foresee It looking bad in the future since its relatively thin film.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
That’s a pretty rough PPF job. If it’s a shop, ask for a refund or ask that they redo it. The cuts are also pretty bad... I think the entire front end of this car comes in a precut too...

OP
OP
typeRtommy

typeRtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
That’s a pretty rough PPF job. If it’s a shop as for a refund or ask that they redo it this time. The cuts are also pretty bad... I think the entire front end of this car comes in a precut too...
do you have PPF ? If so could you send pictures, I'd like to see what a good job looks like

aezzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
I agree with others that this is not normal. Although some bubbles could disappear after few days in the sun, that's not normal for PPF. The cuts around the edges are Ok and typical to wrap the film around the edges. I would recommend you ask the installer to address the issues you found.
Sponsored