frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For my Type R I did window tint and a ceramic coat. The reason I did a ceramic coat was for the high levels of gloss and the hydrophobic properties. When I picked my car up from getting ceramic coated the Championship White almost looked like a Candy white instead. I’ve never seen a product give the paint that much life! Even when my car is dirty, the ceramic coat makes it look super shiny. Cleaning and maintaining the paint has been made easier too. I spent $800 getting a full paint correction and ceramic coat and I stand by every penny spent because I love the results. With that said I’ll go ahead and agree with all the comments made about the PPF. After owning my car for 7 months I’ve only had minimal rock chips. I guess the only difference with me though is that I do plan on keeping this car and I not swapping it in a few years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
@darrvao777
Almost sure not advisable to apply sealant on the lower fake carbon fiber trims. Initially will look good, but after few months, the tiny spaces where was not buffed will turn whitish and will get an uneven look like aged plastics.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
my entire front half of the car, door cups, and rear bumper is covered in Xpel ppf....no ragrets. Honda paint is thin and I just prefer the ease of mind knowing its all protected. I do need to ceramic the car and see what all the hype is about.
Sponsored