Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Are you still running this tune? Hows it holding up? :)
I'm still running the powermetric stage 1 I really dont have any complains. The car feels good strong reliable as I use it as a daily. I
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Unfortunately I only have had the Powermetrics stage 2 tune, which I'm currently on. I switched from TSP Stage 1 once I installed the Sirimoto flexfuel kit a couple weeks back. Obviously there's more power, that's a given. But one thing that is noticeable is the torque. It's hard to describe because there's so much more torque, yet it is in such a smoother powerband. Shifting isn't as jerky, it's a smoother, yet more aggressive pull. Maybe it's just one of those things that you have to experience to know what I'm trying to say. The only thing I don't like is that it is advertised as rev hang deleted, and mine 100% has rev hang enabled. I just haven't taken the time to jump back on Hondata and see if I can switch it. Rpms used to drop really quick with my lightweight flywheel and now they just hang there and barely go down at all when decelerating. Very minor detail. Everything else is amazing. I'd recommend it if a custom tune is not in the budget. I plan on getting a custom tune once I get the Rv6 drop in turbo in a couple of months.
What type of gas do you use? Full e85? Do you know how much horsepower are you mking? I just got my tune waiting on my kit to come in

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
I see people running these flex fuel kits but reliability wise how much will it hurt my engine and transmission? I am already putting strain with all these mods I am adding and I am curious about getting the kit.

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What type of gas do you use? Full e85? Do you know how much horsepower are you mking? I just got my tune waiting on my kit to come in
Never use FULL E85 on stock injectors. E40 max for most Stage 2/Flex tunes

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I have an e85 calculator app on my cell phone so that way I can correctly add a blend of e85 and 91 octane gas. it is usually a mix of 2-5 gallons of e85 and the remainder of the tank on 91 to target a 40% ethanol mix. I have yet to dyno my car so I cannot say for sure but I'd assume in the 260-280hp/300-310tq realm. I will likely put the car on a dyno soon to show some numbers on the forums.

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
I'm still running the powermetric stage 1 I really dont have any complains. The car feels good strong reliable as I use it as a daily. I
Is thier website still operating? I am soon to purchase stage 1 for non si but with me being uk ecu i may need to adjust maf scale at wot as we only operate in closed loop when below wot.

Also this may be a random question but after you upload a tune with hondata, is it advised to do an ecu reset after uploading a tune? I feel the sensors take a few days to adjust and my stft is all over the place but when i revert back to stock its fine.

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Is thier website still operating? I am soon to purchase stage 1 for non si but with me being uk ecu i may need to adjust maf scale at wot as we only operate in closed loop when below wot.

Also this may be a random question but after you upload a tune with hondata, is it advised to do an ecu reset after uploading a tune? I feel the sensors take a few days to adjust and my stft is all over the place but when i revert back to stock its fine.

http://powermetric.net/ that's the website. I've uploaded a few tunes and I've never reset my ecu keep it the same way. You could write to them on Instagram or email them through there website there really helpful and answer all questions.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
That tune is no good. My friend was using it on his si and going back and forth with ososik saying that it’s okay to use full e85, meanwhile the car would keep breaking up at full throttle up top probably due to the fuel pump crashing. Don’t recommend at least on full E like they claim works

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Best thing you can do is run a datalog and look over how the car is running. If you don't know how to read them, you could post them here for more experienced folks to take a look. I believe the PowerMetric tunes are tuned on 91 octane. The one for the Type R ran okay on my friend's CTR, we ran a datalog on it. It felt strong and his fueling was looking good through the entire pull.

Just keep in mind that the car simply running and driving, doesn't mean it runs good/safe. That same tune on my CTR would have maxed out my fuel pump(due to my car has a crap HPFP). They also have a recommendation on their page that you should have a "built" motor at least for the CTR anyways. The Si luckily has quite a bit of head room from stock, bolt ons and some flex fuel should be totally possible on most if not all Si cars.

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
That tune is no good. My friend was using it on his si and going back and forth with ososik saying that it’s okay to use full e85, meanwhile the car would keep breaking up at full throttle up top probably due to the fuel pump crashing. Don’t recommend at least on full E like they claim works
I dont see no issues sirimoto flex fuel kit SI

OP
OP
Tego0189

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Been running stage 2 since mid January everything so far so good installed catted downpipe about to months ago everything all good. 3 weeks later I installed frontpipe now I think I'm hearing a misfire but not sure it sounds like a kick back all started happening after the front pipe was installed left a little confused.
Sponsored