Power Window Issues

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
  • Banned
I have a '16 touring sedan. From the master switch on the driver door, the driver window always works. All other 3 windows work majority of the time but on occasion do not work. I will have to hold the switch for several seconds and they will eventually work.

When using the local switch on each of the other doors, they usually do not work. But they will work after holding the switch for several seconds.

This has been going on for a few years now, but I never really looked into it because it is only used for my work commute when it's only me in the car so it never bothered me much. But now I am selling it so I would like to fix it. Is there any common issue that would cause all of the switches to be buggy? I have sprayed silicon spray in the channels several times and it doesn't change a thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
Oh, and when I use the remote to roll down all the windows and the key in door to roll up all the windows it works. Never an issue in that instance.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Most likely the master switch is the culprit. Probably a short or bad connection.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
probably got a little bit of water in it, I would start with replacing the master switch

OP
OP

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
probably got a little bit of water in it, I would start with replacing the master switch
Could it be the master switch even though that one works most reliably? The switch on each of the other doors give most problems.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The master switch is a complete separate control module. The other 3 are basic switches.

OP
OP

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
The master switch is a complete separate control module. The other 3 are basic switches.
Thanks.

I was driving my wife's 2020 CRV today, only about 15,000 miles on it, and I noticed her windows are buggy to. Response is very delayed sometimes and the one touch auto only works less than half the time. It's still under warranty, but I hate to bring it in to the dealer because I already know they'll say they can't replicate the problem and will ding me with a $120 invoice. Warranty is useless with this dealer.

OP
OP

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
Just an update, had the CR-V at the dealership, and they replaced all window switches. Our Civic likely needed all new switches as well, but I traded it in a while back so never bothered with it. Weird that both of our Honda's had this exact same power window issue. It has to be extremely common.
Sponsored