Power Window Issue?

Lopepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP
My driver side, front window, is sluggish. When it's all the way down and I trigger it to close, the window goes so slow that I swear it's going to get stuck. The other Windows don't have this issue although they also don't operate at the same speeds.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?
Sponsored

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
My driver side, front window, is sluggish. When it's all the way down and I trigger it to close, the window goes so slow that I swear it's going to get stuck. The other Windows don't have this issue although they also don't operate at the same speeds.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?
Had the similar issue where the driver window was slow going down and even slower coming back up compared to the other windows. I took it to the dealer, they sprayed the channels with silicone lubricant and it was back to normal. Others have had similar issues where the channels were dried out, someone didn't put in enough lubricant, possibly a quality control issue.

Here's the link to the other thread: http://www.civicx.com/threads/driver-window-opens-closes-very-slowly.1313/

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Same issue with me! drive side window won't go up and passenger side is sluggish. Will be at dealership today and will update.

OP
OP

Lopepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP
***UPDATE*** So I took the car into the dealership this weekend to address the issue. The first thing the service advisor said after I explain the issue was "I see you got your windows tinted, that's probably part of the problem."

I stopped him dead in his tracks and explained the issue existed even before the tints were installed and that my previous '09 civic had its windows tinted with no such issue. He continued to explain "well this is a different car, new parts, etc etc. and that tinting may still have been the cause."

I showed him this thread as well as another and said, maybe but what about everyone else experiencing the same issue who haven't tinted?

Needless to say, they looked into it and saw the tracks needed to be lubricated. No issue since and hopefully it remains that way.

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
***UPDATE*** So I took the car into the dealership this weekend to address the issue. The first thing the service advisor said after I explain the issue was "I see you got your windows tinted, that's probably part of the problem."

I stopped him dead in his tracks and explained the issue existed even before the tints were installed and that my previous '09 civic had its windows tinted with no such issue. He continued to explain "well this is a different car, new parts, etc etc. and that tinting may still have been the cause."

I showed him this thread as well as another and said, maybe but what about everyone else experiencing the same issue who haven't tinted?

Needless to say, they looked into it and saw the tracks needed to be lubricated. No issue since and hopefully it remains that way.

Had same issues, though my windows were tinted when i picked up the car new. The driver window didnt work and the passenger was getting slow. So i took it in and they did the TSB update to fix the amp and lubricated the tracks. Said with cold there might not have been enough lubrication and it works fine now. Hopefully the one-time applications lasts forever though...

Edit: less than 3 hours later...The window is back to its original state...barely working. I called my dealership and they said it is standard to first lube the tracks before replacing any parts...I explained that all the windows operated differently and that the passenger side now has me worried too...Appointment scheduled for 2 days from now. The service agent tried to blame the weather/ice/whatever, though i am sure we all know that a brand new car should have working windows in -7 weather...especially with no ice/snow on it after being on for 30 minutes. We'll see the diagnosis in two days and i'll post an update. Real upset about this, being I have had the car less than a month, and already have a second repair scheduled...

Last edited:

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Good to hear they fixed it and you didn't take the "...could be tinted windows" explanation!

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had same issues, though my windows were tinted when i picked up the car new. The driver window didnt work and the passenger was getting slow. So i took it in and they did the TSB update to fix the amp and lubricated the tracks. Said with cold there might not have been enough lubrication and it works fine now. Hopefully the one-time applications lasts forever though...

Edit: less than 3 hours later...The window is back to its original state...barely working. I called my dealership and they said it is standard to first lube the tracks before replacing any parts...I explained that all the windows operated differently and that the passenger side now has me worried too...Appointment scheduled for 2 days from now. The service agent tried to blame the weather/ice/whatever, though i am sure we all know that a brand new car should have working windows in -7 weather...especially with no ice/snow on it after being on for 30 minutes. We'll see the diagnosis in two days and i'll post an update. Real upset about this, being I have had the car less than a month, and already have a second repair scheduled...
That sucks, but don't let it sour your car experience though... There have been some quality control issues, but as long as they're minor, I am OK with it. It's a new design release, so anticipacated some minor issues.

I actually went out and bought my own silicone lubricant (after the dealer fixed it) and applied sparingly in all window channels and they were running smoother than when I got it from the dealer. Give it a try.

nitranna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
I went to the dealership today to get the driver power windows fixed. I have the same problem where it was very slow to go back up and last week my window was completely stucked all the way down. I spent about 15mins trying to get it back up.

Today at the dealership they lubricated the window channel and it was fine when i check it there. after a few hours, i noticed it was becoming a bit sluggish again. i tried synchronizing both the driver and the passenger side windows and the passenger side window was much faster. They both go down at the same speed but the driver side was slower at going back up.

I have a feeling it's gonna become worse in a couple weeks and i will probably have to head back to the dealership.

I also had another problem with my heating, i told them i was getting cool air instead of hot air. they told me they checked the heating and everything was fine... I know something is not right when you put your temperature on 20 degrees and it's blasting cool air. I remember it used to blast hot air at least. now i have to put the temperature at least 25 degrees to max to feel the hot air coming air.

my car is only 3 months old.

WT Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Touring
Had the exact same problem as you guys after 1 week of ownership. Went to lower passenger window and it went so slow then got stuck, came up slowly then down again and was stuck in lowered position. Luckily it wasn't raining as I had to drive it home with window down. Brought it in next morning to dealership at white rock Honda in Surrey Canada and they ended up fixing it saying it was an electrical fault, not the electric motor or lubrication issue. The windows worked perfectly ever since they say they cleared the fault.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I also had another problem with my heating, i told them i was getting cool air instead of hot air. they told me they checked the heating and everything was fine... I know something is not right when you put your temperature on 20 degrees and it's blasting cool air. I remember it used to blast hot air at least. now i have to put the temperature at least 25 degrees to max to feel the hot air coming air.

That sounds like it's working fine to me..

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I went to the dealership today to get the driver power windows fixed. I have the same problem where it was very slow to go back up and last week my window was completely stucked all the way down. I spent about 15mins trying to get it back up.

Today at the dealership they lubricated the window channel and it was fine when i check it there. after a few hours, i noticed it was becoming a bit sluggish again. i tried synchronizing both the driver and the passenger side windows and the passenger side window was much faster. They both go down at the same speed but the driver side was slower at going back up.

I have a feeling it's gonna become worse in a couple weeks and i will probably have to head back to the dealership.

Regarding the cool air, a couple of things... do you turn on the recirculate button when using heat also has the car reached the operating temperature? I found that my Ford Escape blows hot air much quickly and gets hot fast as well - possibly a stronger blower motor and the design of the vehicle interior plays a role.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had the exact same problem as you guys after 1 week of ownership. Went to lower passenger window and it went so slow then got stuck, came up slowly then down again and was stuck in lowered position. Luckily it wasn't raining as I had to drive it home with window down. Brought it in next morning to dealership at white rock Honda in Surrey Canada and they ended up fixing it saying it was an electrical fault, not the electric motor or lubrication issue. The windows worked perfectly ever since they say they cleared the fault.
Opening/closing windows too much when it's slow or stuck could burn the motor - good thing it's still new and we're under the warranty to get that replaced.

As a general monthly maintenance self-check I started spraying the window channels lightly with silicone lubricant (bought it from CanadianTire) and seems to be working well so far.

Winter time, spray/wipe on the door seals as it helps prevents them from being frozen shut in our cold winters - opening stuck doors forcefully could damage the seal.

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring

So annoying that they try to peg it on you.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Had the similar issue where the driver window was slow going down and even slower coming back up compared to the other windows. I took it to the dealer, they sprayed the channels with silicone lubricant and it was back to normal. Others have had similar issues where the channels were dried out, someone didn't put in enough lubricant, possibly a quality control issue.

Here's the link to the other thread: http://www.civicx.com/threads/driver-window-opens-closes-very-slowly.1313/
Just a few questions brother. What happens when the silicone spray dries out? Back to the dealer? Back to the dealer right through the warranty period? What then? Are you going to pay for it?

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just a few questions brother. What happens when the silicone spray dries out? Back to the dealer? Back to the dealer right through the warranty period? What then? Are you going to pay for it?
It should last a while especially as the weather is getting warmer and we tend to use windows more often in warmer weather which will keep the windows/channels in motion.

However, it's always good to make it part of your regular DIY maintenance items. I bought the silicone lubricant spray ~$5 at CanadianTire, and spray/clean it off every 3 months - especially before Winter and I use the spray also on the door liners to keep from freezing shut.

It shouldn't be a recurring thing, but if it is and windows get stuck definitely take it to the dealer.
Sponsored