Power steering location

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know where the power steering pump is located and how to check the fill on it? I've looked and for some reason I can't find it. And yes I feel like an idiot for asking.
Sponsored

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Does anyone know where the power steering pump is located and how to check the fill on it? I've looked and for some reason I can't find it. And yes I feel like an idiot for asking.
Our vehicles have power steering that's powered by an electric motor. There is no pump.

OP
OP
SiR_91

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well thank you both. I figured there would still be some sort of a pump somewhere. I know my 2010 forte had electric assist and still had a pump. Guess I was wrong on this one. Guess the gears in the box for the steering are going. Again thank you both.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Well thank you both. I figured there would still be some sort of a pump somewhere. I know my 2010 forte had electric assist and still had a pump. Guess I was wrong on this one. Guess the gears in the box for the steering are going. Again thank you both.
I have seen threads here talking about the steering rack going bad and feeling notchy when turning the wheel. So it’s not unheard of, especially on 2016 or 2017 models.

kinda scary. I hope my car doesn’t turn into a money pit.
Sponsored