SiLee207

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Just got myself a 20 civic SI. KTuner is on the way at some point, whenever it’s in stock. I’m thinking intake and exhaust should be next but I would like to have as low of a sound as possible.
I’ll be daily driving this thing over 100 miles a day for work and really don’t want an excessive drone on the highway either.
Mod suggestions?
Sponsored

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just got myself a 20 civic SI. KTuner is on the way at some point, whenever it’s in stock. I’m thinking intake and exhaust should be next but I would like to have as low of a sound as possible.
I’ll be daily driving this thing over 100 miles a day for work and really don’t want an excessive drone on the highway either.
Mod suggestions?
If you're looking for as low as sound as possible, then just keep the exhaust stock. There are exhausts out there that aren't obnoxious, but either ways they're pretty much designed to enhance the sound, including the volume. Intake will add nice turbo noises and improve throttle response but it's not obnoxious at all.

For a DD, intake or tires should be high on your list, if you have the stock Goodyears. I want to replace mine so badly because of how much road noise there is but I can't justify spending $800 right now if these tires get me to and fro with no problems.

My girlfriend and I took a trip to Santa Cruz earlier this month and for the whole ride up we had to pretty much yell at each other because of how much road noise was coming through the cabin.

OP
OP

SiLee207

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
If you're looking for as low as sound as possible, then just keep the exhaust stock. There are exhausts out there that aren't obnoxious, but either ways they're pretty much designed to enhance the sound, including the volume. Intake will add nice turbo noises and improve throttle response but it's not obnoxious at all.

For a DD, intake or tires should be high on your list, if you have the stock Goodyears. I want to replace mine so badly because of how much road noise there is but I can't justify spending $800 right now if these tires get me to and fro with no problems.

My girlfriend and I took a trip to Santa Cruz earlier this month and for the whole ride up we had to pretty much yell at each other because of how much road noise was coming through the cabin.
definitely don’t want to keep it stock, and don’t mind some noise. I just don’t want it obnoxious or tinny.

Sidenote: I just ordered wheels and tires for my Volkswagen before I traded it in??‍♂. Konig ultraform, and Continental purecontact LS.(I need something that can handle a little bit of snow).
I can either pay a 15% restocking fee, or Switch to a rim/tire that fits this car..

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
definitely don’t want to keep it stock, and don’t mind some noise. I just don’t want it obnoxious or tinny.

Sidenote: I just ordered wheels and tires for my Volkswagen before I traded it in??‍♂. Konig ultraform, and Continental purecontact LS.(I need something that can handle a little bit of snow).
I can either pay a 15% restocking fee, or Switch to a rim/tire that fits this car..
Ah, I get you. Ive heard good things about the MAPerformance Stealth Exhaust. Here's a video that may interest you (if you havent seen it already):

You can try your luck with those spacers that also let you change bolt patterns. ? But I dont know how well they work or how safe they are.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Downpipe adds an aggressive note and power without being obnoxious

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Invidia R400 with stock FP/DP adds tone but not really drone. Drive 100 miles a day for work, it's definitely nice on the highway.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Intake and DP. Most if not all catback systems are designed to make the car sound "better" - now that's subjective - but also louder.
Sponsored