JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I recently bought the prl Intake without the filter so I bough one of those cheap ones from autozone, from my pov I don’t feel like the filter by itself it’s gonna make a difference but I might be wrong...

After Installing the whole thing I feel the car slower which it’s the opposite result of getting new Performance Intake it feels like it’s losing some pounds of boost

some people told me that the car has to learn how the new system work getting more air induction I wanna know how real this is...

did I do something wrong? Why is this happening...

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Power lost after installing INTAKE 17CEF7F8-F2D4-4783-AFAA-1D1E82BE5BC1
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Can you verify from the dash if you are seeing less boost pressure? I would also check the charge pipe below the intake to make sure nothing came loose and there's no boost leak.

Have the temperatures in your area gotten hotter recently? If the charge air temps become too hot, the ECU will start pulling power as a safety measure.

If not, easiest way to check if it is in fact the intake, put the stock intake back on for a day or two and ride around for a bit. Do a couple WOT pulls. Then put your aftermarket one back on and repeat. Give the car some time to cool off bit between.

OP
OP
JonasJoker

JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Can you verify from the dash if you are seeing less boost pressure? I would also check the charge pipe below the intake to make sure nothing came loose and there's no boost leak.

Have the temperatures in your area gotten hotter recently? If the charge air temps become too hot, the ECU will start pulling power as a safety measure.

If not, easiest way to check if it is in fact the intake, put the stock intake back on for a day or two and ride around for a bit. Do a couple WOT pulls. Then put your aftermarket one back on and repeat. Give the car some time to cool off bit between.
well the temperature looks normal but I live in California and these past few days have been over 90-95f, do you think that’s a factor?

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
well the temperature looks normal but I live in California and these past few days have been over 90-95f, do you think that’s a factor?
Definitely. With ambient temps that high, your charge air will too hot to make peak power, making it feel a little more sluggish.

That condition is what would be called "heak soak". Its when the intercooler can no longer cool the incoming air effectly.

Just to verify, if you are able to, wait until its cooler at night, atleast under 80 degrees, and ride around a bit to see if it's making peak power again.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Race or Street MAF housing?

just out of curiosity, was this bought used hence no filter?

OP
OP
JonasJoker

JonasJoker

First Name
Jona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Definitely. With ambient temps that high, your charge air will too hot to make peak power, making it feel a little more sluggish.

That condition is what would be called "heak soak". Its when the intercooler can no longer cool the incoming air effectly.

Just to verify, if you are able to, wait until its cooler at night, atleast under 80 degrees, and ride around a bit to see if it's making peak power again.
oh I see thank you so much man I’ll try to wait and see if I get more power... thanks for taking the time and explaining how all of this works.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
I think I read somewhere when intake temps reach 90°+ it starts to pull timing which essentially means it's making less power. Colder air is more dense and makes more powa

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After intake function sometime air condition lost it's power. Then it cannot give you cooling for longer. so ac will got hotter. to fix this type of issue can be fix by ac repair dubai . After installing the ac you need to maintain the machine in a frequent interval. so you can manage this issue by contacting the best service center.
WTF is this?!

OP: don’t listen to this nonsense.

007xSx rr

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback 1.5l Turbo CVT
Country flag
WTF is this?!

OP: don’t listen to this nonsense.
Lmao
Yea definitely don't listen to this vacuum cleaner salesman.

It's possible that you're used filter needs to be cleaned. Maybe there's a cracks, air leaks, check your parts make sure everything is snug.
And honestly, even with a street maf housing, I would Still suggesta tune.. tbh I don't think that filters make that much of a difference, but I wouldn't have chosen a spectre imo.. althoughthere are many thay run them without issue also... also what is this tubing make from? It is possible that you just got a cheap material intake, and that metal tube is literally making the air hotter than your oem silicone tubing.. I don't even like short ram to begin with, but that thing doesn't look too healthy 🥵
But I could be wrong... could be several things. MYbe buddy who changed the intake knocked something else loose. Man I duno.

I really hope you figure it out! Good luck! And yeah. Definitely if the issue persists. Try swapping back to oem and see if the problem is there still, at that point it could be sign that it is a different issue altogether. Good luck
Sponsored