Power Limitations of OEM Airbox/PRL Stage 1?

bdwebb2

First Name
Braydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Good evening, I have a 2020 Si, with basic bolt-ons thus far (see sig), I would like to go flex fuel (E30-40) with the 27Won W1 turbo and intercooler, will likely tune it for 330-350 WHP/WTQ, and I was curious if the stock intake with a PRL Stage 1 intake kit would become a severe restriction at that power level, or if the 27Won intake would allow much better airflow or otherwise justify the $400 (not interested in more noise necessarily, current setup gives plenty of that for me).

Thanks in advance for any input, and Happy New Year to all!
- Braydon
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good evening, I have a 2020 Si, with basic bolt-ons thus far (see sig), I would like to go flex fuel (E30-40) with the 27Won W1 turbo and intercooler, will likely tune it for 330-350 WHP/WTQ, and I was curious if the stock intake with a PRL Stage 1 intake kit would become a severe restriction at that power level, or if the 27Won intake would allow much better airflow or otherwise justify the $400 (not interested in more noise necessarily, current setup gives plenty of that for me).

Thanks in advance for any input, and Happy New Year to all!
- Braydon
happy new year!! Not sure if anyone has tested that, once you upgrade stock turbo is when I would guess you’d see a real difference in power. But how much of a difference, no idea. A lot of people say stock intake flows very well with a filter and pipe(stage 1 PRL kit). Maybe dyno tune without the intake and see what you make. The intake retune shouldn’t cost much and if you’re happy with how the car feels you can just skip the intake and save money. Also if you end up getting an intake definitely get the race maf and custom tune