NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Im getting tired of my graphite TE37sl color. I want to get it powder coated. Bit before I do that, I want your professional opinions about powder coating wheels. Is it true that it will diminished the value of it? Will it become less stronger?
Thank You!
Sponsored

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say yes for the depreciation of the wheels. Everyone usually wants original finish when they are buying authentic wheels. As for making the wheels less strong, I would say no.

IMO if you want to change it up buy another set of wheels, unless yours are damaged and need repair/refinished.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
It will diminish the value of the wheels as they will become less pleasing to the masses. However, if you find that one buyer that loves the color you pick it may not matter. No, the wheels will not become less strong after powdercoating.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you sell them now, you avoid having to deal with any value loss from powder coating and you can get yourself a whole different wheel as well. Is plastidip an option? You can change up the look of your wheel for much cheaper and if you want to sell them it should peel right off and avoid costing you on the resale value.
Sponsored