Pothole vs Civic Si

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oof. Check the city's page for reporting damages to get reimbursed. We're paying up the ass in taxes to have the roads not do this type of shit. Let them hear your roar.
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
No you don't but nice try hahaha.

Super sorry to hear about the car because this would break my heart. This season has just been crazy with rain so yeah the roads are thrashed because SoCal isn't prepared to deal with this type of weather.
You are right my friend, never did it, never will. You know in the end it's a material possession that can be replaced (or hopefully fixed in this case) so I will just soldier on

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
You're okay and that's what matters :thumbsup:

I didn't know the pot holes can be that bad in SoCal...
Our politicians use tax money to buy votes with entitlements rather than keep up the roads...

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your troubles amirza. It’ll be back in tip top shape in no time....don’t get too used to that Camry! Lol

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought the Si for the long haul so it is here to stay! I will unfortunately be getting to the know this Camry really well as I will be driving it back home (360 miles, 6 to 7 hours drive) on Monday and probably driving it back when my Civic is repaired, which could be 1 to 2 weeks. Although the Camry is silky smooth, it is not "fun to drive" on the more twisty parts of the drive when going through the mountains, but I will admit that it will be more relaxing as this is a comfortable quiet car that isolates you from the road. But I already knew that, as I have owned and drove Camry's since 1999

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Sorry to see that. Hopefully you’ll get it back and it’s back to normal again. Any idea what kind of tires will be replaced with? I’m guessing just a single pair?
And if there’s any positive to come from this, it’s that you will yearn to have your Si back and driving It again

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your car when I lived in New York where there’s a lot of pot holes I’ve gone through a few rims on previous cars I know New York reimbursed you if was pothole related but you had to go through a ton of paperwork and you wouldn’t see any reimbursement after a year or two

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
The actual wheel it's self. Rim looks fine
Rim+Tire = Wheel.
From your pic, the tire looks damaged and as noted the fender looks damaged.
Curious how the "rotor" is bent.. as its protected by the caliper and rim...
Anyway, enjoy the Camry rental so you can better appreciate the Civic once you get it back!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Rim+Tire = Wheel.
Anyway, enjoy the Camry rental so you can better appreciate the Civic once you get it back!

Yeah, this thread was redefining what wheel meant lol. "Wheel" NEVER means the tire alone and usually means the rim but if someone says "my wheel fell off my car" they definitely mean the Rim/Tire combo.

Also would love to know how a pothole bends a rotor.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, this thread was redefining what wheel meant lol. "Wheel" NEVER means the tire alone and usually means the rim but if someone says "my wheel fell off my car" they definitely mean the Rim/Tire combo.

Also would love to know how a pothole bends a rotor.
I was using the wrong terminology. Where the axcel and wheels join is slightly bent. The rotor itself is not damaged. Hope that clears it up

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rim+Tire = Wheel.
See my previous reply. I was using the wrong terminology

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to see that. Hopefully you’ll get it back and it’s back to normal again. Any idea what kind of tires will be replaced with? I’m guessing just a single pair?
And if there’s any positive to come from this, it’s that you will yearn to have your Si back and driving It again
I am guessing they will replace them with the same tire's. It's all up to the insurance company. Yes, can't wait till it's fixed and back in my hands!

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just to clarify, a wheel is the thing to which the tire mounts. A rim is merely the outer ring of a wheel.
Honda Civic 10th gen Pothole vs Civic Si Wheel-Parts

Rim + Tire is something else entirely (pun intended)

Honda Civic 10th gen Pothole vs Civic Si spok025

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This has nothing to do with potholes, but this morning the rental had a flat (passenger side front). I pumped it up and took it to a tire shop that specializes in truck tires near my brothers house. As luck would have it, they could not repair it due to where the nail was, plus he showed me how the tire has extensive damage inside the tire due to it being previously driven flat for some distance (not by me). I had him patch it up as best he could, called Enterprise and they advised me to take it to any Firestone tire where they have a fleet account to have the tire changed. Long story short, this tire could have shredded on my way back to NorCal. Not a fun thing to happen at 80mph in the middle of nowhere. A pain in the ass nail may have saved me from bigger troubles

Honda Civic 10th gen Pothole vs Civic Si IMG_20190524_081239_01
Sponsored