amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I'm in SoCal right now due to my father being in the hospital. It recently rained here, and the area I was driving through is known for its massive "sinkholes". It's getting dark, a truck decides to cut through to make a left, I changed lanes to avoid it and bang! You could feel it in your body and teeth.

Bad news: the tire is gone, rotor is slightly bent, fender damage, and possible suspension damage.

Good news: insurance is paying for a rental until everything is fixed. But it may be a couple of weeks and I will have to go back to SoCal to pick it up...

Honda Civic 10th gen Pothole vs Civic Si IMG_20190523_071101_1
Sponsored

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Hopefully the incident will not go onto CARFAX vehicle history causing you to lose money at the time of sale/trade in

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I've read on the interweb where some jurisdictions reimburse for such damage. Cant hurt to check... Bummer about the pothole and subsequent damage.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hopefully the incident will not go onto CARFAX vehicle history causing you to lose money at the time of sale/trade in
Yeah sucks but good news is I keep my cars until they die/get totalled, which ever comes first

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in SoCal right now due to my father being in the hospital. It recently rained here, and the area I was driving through is known for its massive "sinkholes". It's getting dark, a truck decides to cut through to make a left, I changed lanes to avoid it and bang! You could feel it in your body and teeth.

Bad news: the tire is gone, rotor is slightly bent, fender damage, and possible suspension damage.

Good news: insurance is paying for a rental until everything is fixed. But it may be a couple of weeks and I will have to go back to SoCal to pick it up...

IMG_20190523_071101_1.jpg
Do your mean the rim bent or did the actual brake rotor bend somehow?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in MN, I feel your pain. Lost two! tires this winter abs fucked up the better half of the outer edge of an OEM rim.

I am waiting to buy aftermarket rims until next year, maybe the road levee I voted for will find its way to repairing my main roads near my house.....

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought lighter aftermarket wheels and then instantly hit a pot hole and it slightly bent the rim. Those heavy OEM wheels can definitely take a punch though.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I live in MN, I feel your pain. Lost two! tires this winter abs fucked up the better half of the outer edge of an OEM rim.

I am waiting to buy aftermarket rims until next year, maybe the road levee I voted for will find its way to repairing my main roads near my house.....
I feel your pain as well! The City of Los Angeles has some of the most pot holed roads, especially in the South bay, the area where my brother lives which used to be wetlands a 100 years ago. That and a lot of trucks, add rain that gets under the road and you have massive Sinkholes where you have to drive like you are on an obstacle course

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought lighter aftermarket wheels and then instantly hit a pot hole and it slightly bent the rim. Those heavy OEM wheels can definitely take a punch though.
In my case the rims are fine, its the fender, the wheel itself, and the suspension. A quick visual and the body shop said wheel at the axle and the suspension is damaged. Plus the tire, that baby is gone. When they take everything apart they will know the full extent of the damage

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So they gave me a 2019 Camry SE rental. It is so comfortable, numbingly smooth and quiet. You can't feel or hear the road or engine. If you think to loud you will hurt your ears. Oh God I could sleep in those seats. It's perfect for LA's shitty streets! Now I know how people on heroin feel...

Honda Civic 10th gen Pothole vs Civic Si IMG_20190523_100853

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Now I know how people on heroin feel...
No you don't but nice try hahaha.

Super sorry to hear about the car because this would break my heart. This season has just been crazy with rain so yeah the roads are thrashed because SoCal isn't prepared to deal with this type of weather.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
You're okay and that's what matters :thumbsup:

I didn't know the pot holes can be that bad in SoCal...

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been there done that...had to get towed, rim straightened and 2 new tires since didn’t want one new with one half worn.

I will never buy a car again that does not have a spare, ever.