Potential for future upgrades of backup camera?

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Double standard warranty?
Yeah. If they fix someone who has the same issues as you, they don't have to fix yours. It all depends if it has a lot of issues or not. If you have a lemon like mine, they will not fix it because they do not want to lose their profit on that vehicle. They know its a lemon and their best choice is to ignore you and feed you the "Honda Fix". The Honda Fix is an excuse that you cannot argue with. It's called "It's the CHARACTERISTICS of the vehicle" or aka. "It is what it is now leave me alone". If you experience that bullshit permanent fix, you will feel my pain.
Sponsored

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
http://canada.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-us-initial-quality-study-iqs

Congratulations Honda....I told you that you would reap what you sow. You're moving (waaaaaaay) down the list on initial quality and I have the proof on my driveway if people don't believe me. Once again...congratulations on the #24 (lmao) spot. And the HTP (Honda's Thought Police) thought I was a troll. Nope. Just a ripped off Honda owner spreading the truth like Wikileaks.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
What are you guys even talking about lol.

I've very little desire (need) to entertain the monkey, but I'm bored so I'll do so. The time you spend pecking away at the keyboard many long WORDS and (stuff) doesn't help your argument, because there wasn't anything to begin with! And that, monkey, is the very definition of trolling. I was hoping you were the old guy I was referring to because it pains me to think that there are TWO individuals in Canada who are as delusional and irritating as you are.

My "obsession" is not with you - it is with people who are for whatever reason clouding up these forums, which I found tremendously useful during my ownership of the car. It is not perfect, as you can see from my posts about various DIY fixes, dealer visits, etc. There's substance to my posts, they are informative. Yours, are not. You posted in the crooked panels thread. Show us a picture! You said Honda refused to fix it because they are cunts, so your doors should all still be crooked, right? You said you have a huuuge list of issues. Where's the list?

As far as the backup camera goes, if you seriously have issues with yours, it should be incredibly easy to get fixed. Call the dealer, ask to compare yours with the Civics on the lot, and go in when the service guys aren't busy. You know, act like a normal decent human being, and most people will do their best to take care of you.

@TruthVandetta , you said you work at a dealership. If someone comes in with a legitimate issue, you'd do your best to look after it, right? Unless said person bursts in the door cursing to high hell demanding a refund and a recall. At which point you'd politely tell them to fuck off.

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. If they fix someone who has the same issues as you, they don't have to fix yours. It all depends if it has a lot of issues or not. If you have a lemon like mine, they will not fix it because they do not want to lose their profit on that vehicle. They know its a lemon and their best choice is to ignore you and feed you the "Honda Fix". The Honda Fix is an excuse that you cannot argue with. It's called "It's the CHARACTERISTICS of the vehicle" or aka. "It is what it is now leave me alone". If you experience that bullshit permanent fix, you will feel my pain.
What????? thats insane... i did not know that...

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase

I've very little desire (need) to entertain the monkey, but I'm bored so I'll do so. The time you spend pecking away at the keyboard many long WORDS and (stuff) doesn't help your argument, because there wasn't anything to begin with! And that, monkey, is the very definition of trolling. I was hoping you were the old guy I was referring to because it pains me to think that there are TWO individuals in Canada who are as delusional and irritating as you are.

My "obsession" is not with you - it is with people who are for whatever reason clouding up these forums, which I found tremendously useful during my ownership of the car. It is not perfect, as you can see from my posts about various DIY fixes, dealer visits, etc. There's substance to my posts, they are informative. Yours, are not. You posted in the crooked panels thread. Show us a picture! You said Honda refused to fix it because they are cunts, so your doors should all still be crooked, right? You said you have a huuuge list of issues. Where's the list?

As far as the backup camera goes, if you seriously have issues with yours, it should be incredibly easy to get fixed. Call the dealer, ask to compare yours with the Civics on the lot, and go in when the service guys aren't busy. You know, act like a normal decent human being, and most people will do their best to take care of you.

@TruthVandetta , you said you work at a dealership. If someone comes in with a legitimate issue, you'd do your best to look after it, right? Unless said person bursts in the door cursing to high hell demanding a refund and a recall. At which point you'd politely tell them to fuck off.
I don't care who it is i will treat everybody with respect, thats the way i grew up. Even if their mad i try to understand from their side of the view and try to resolve the problem. Yes i will irritated by the person but at the end they are looking to solve the problem.
back up camera i just wish that they fix it for everyone. I would honestly pay to even fix it. Safety is the number one thing, the camera also glitches up.
this should be huge concern for all the consumer. I mean it is a HONDA but benz and etc have great camera quality. LOOKING FOR THE HD QUALITY take the camera off my smartphone and just put it on there hahah

PS- was that first 3 paragraph? about me because i don't understand what you are talking about. Sorry i suck at reading hahahah

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
i wish they can replace it. or even if i can replace it. because 2017 cr-v has something coming

Honda Civic 10th gen Potential for future upgrades of backup camera? 20161018_102505

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
What????? thats insane... i did not know that...
Yeah! believe it or not. That's called a double standard and discrimination of warranty policies. That's enough immoral actions for a lawsuit, and Honda Canada its coming. I know you are listening with your Honda Thought Police sniffing all threads.

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

*********** STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************

YOUR UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH SOMEONE YOU THINK I AM IS VERY DISTURBING AND FRIGHTENING TO SAY THE LEAST!!! THAT IS A TOTAL OF 6 REPORTS TO THE MODERATOR AND YOU'RE STILL HERE CONVINCED I AM THAT PERSON. IF ONLY I KNEW YOUR NAME OR WHERE YOU LIVED (CALLED THE POLICE)

STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************STALKER ALERT *************

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I don't care who it is i will treat everybody with respect, thats the way i grew up. Even if their mad i try to understand from their side of the view and try to resolve the problem. Yes i will irritated by the person but at the end they are looking to solve the problem.
back up camera i just wish that they fix it for everyone. I would honestly pay to even fix it. Safety is the number one thing, the camera also glitches up.
this should be huge concern for all the consumer. I mean it is a HONDA but benz and etc have great camera quality. LOOKING FOR THE HD QUALITY take the camera off my smartphone and just put it on there hahah

PS- was that first 3 paragraph? about me because i don't understand what you are talking about. Sorry i suck at reading hahahah
No, the first 3 paragraphs weren't directed at you. It was to the infant spamming asterisks.

If your camera glitches (ie. stutters, lags, blanks out), then it's definitely at issue.

It does have a lower FPS than some other cars, but all things considered it's actually decent, imo. Now of course yours may be different than mine, but my Civic's camera was far better than the '15 Accord's camera I had as a loaner.

When the '17 CRV comes out, you may be able to swap the cameras. There's only 3 wires going to it, so it should be easily replaceable cross-platform/models with a bit of shimmying.

Also, more technically, because a car's rearview camera is expected to work in very very low light situations, they have to jack up the sensitivity. This inherently gives noise/lower quality image. Maybe MB has engineered something into their S-classes, but considering this is "just a civic", it's not so bad. That said, I can't comment on the '15s.

hondasevilmonkey

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
No, the first 3 paragraphs weren't directed at you. It was to the infant spamming asterisks.

If your camera glitches (ie. stutters, lags, blanks out), then it's definitely at issue.

It does have a lower FPS than some other cars, but all things considered it's actually decent, imo. Now of course yours may be different than mine, but my Civic's camera was far better than the '15 Accord's camera I had as a loaner.

When the '17 CRV comes out, you may be able to swap the cameras. There's only 3 wires going to it, so it should be easily replaceable cross-platform/models with a bit of shimmying.

Also, more technically, because a car's rearview camera is expected to work in very very low light situations, they have to jack up the sensitivity. This inherently gives noise/lower quality image. Maybe MB has engineered something into their S-classes, but considering this is "just a civic", it's not so bad. That said, I can't comment on the '15s.
CAN YOU PLEASE LEAVE. PLEASE?

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
@hondasevilmonkey @inv4zn
Alright Lets both be clear just squash everything and move on.
im getting email alert from both you guys on this comments haha
it alerts me everytime someone leaves a comment where i left the comment...
I would just love for both of you guys just move on No one is gaining anything.
but yea @inv4zn FPS yea!!! thats what the word i was looking for
yea it is very buggy. master resetted everything but nogo.
yea hopefully they have a fix down the road.
just wishing that we can switch out the camera and infotainment system for CR-V later down the road.
i'll just pay for it even to get this fixed. I drive a Touring LOVING~~~~~~IT

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
but yea @inv4zn FPS yea!!! thats what the word i was looking for
yea it is very buggy. master resetted everything but nogo.
yea hopefully they have a fix down the road.
just wishing that we can switch out the camera and infotainment system for CR-V later down the road.
i'll just pay for it even to get this fixed. I drive a Touring LOVING~~~~~~IT
I'm getting just as many notifications as you lol - but at least we are discussing an actual issue here.

Thinking about it on a technical level, the infotainment unit is acting as a monitor for the video feed from the camera. It could be that the camera itself is sending poor signal resulting in bad image, or it could be that the display is not capable of fully playing the live feed from the camera. There was a post comparing prices for cameras and it looks like the 16 Civic's camera is cheaper per unit than other Honda models, so it's likely they skimped on the camera.

That said, subjectively, I think it's adequate enough. If you are having issues, as said before, compare it with other Civics of the same model on your lot, and if it's obviously worse, get your dealer to warranty it. I'd think it's much easier for you than for the rest of us?

kingcuongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 21 Palisade Calligraphy, 14 CT200h F Sport
Country flag
any of you guys upgrade the camera yet? was disappointed in the backup camera resolution quality in my Type R; it's like 240p or something?
i don't have any issue with the lag as other members have mentioned.

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
The best Honda backup cam I have ever used was in my 2006 Odyssey touring. Great resolution, barely any low light noise and crisp as crisp can get. Truly a premium camera. My 2017 Type R cam while decent doesn’t hold a flame to my Odyssey’s backup cam.
Sponsored