Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I am considering doing a CDV delete but I am worried about the potential damage to the transmission and drivetrain. I understand how the CDV works and the pros and cons but I want to know the extent of how damaging the delete can be. For reference, I drive very aggressively and plan on tracking my car in the summer. I am also getting the ACT street clutch kit as soon as it is back in stock. Please share any feedback!
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
There's definitely some extra shock if your shift isn't 100% perfect.

I removed mine and I'm currently pulling the trans to replace 4th. Could be related could not haha.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
It only reduces shock when engaging the clutch. Supposedly removing it can damage the factory dual mass flywheel because it is sprung, the system was designed to work together.

I would personally not do it on the OEM clutch setup. On an aftermarket sprung disc with a single mass flywheel, I'd worry less.

In fact, I ordered a new slave cylinder this weekend to use for the delete, but I'll be heavily scrutinizing how it operates and potentially swap the original with the valve back in.
Sponsored

Last edited: