Post your tinted windows

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
I couldn't see the price for the full car with Crystalline. Gets cut off on my phone for some reason. I saw the windshield price though. What is the price if you don't mind? :)
$449.99
Sponsored

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not bad....the shop near me that does Crystalline is asking for $800 whole car, $400 windshield or $1100 all. They are more expensive though and ask $100 more than others for 3M carbon color stable tint. Just not much with Crystalline here. Thicker tint and does well.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
That's not bad....the shop near me that does Crystalline is asking for $800 whole car, $400 windshield or $1100 all. They are more expensive though and ask $100 more than others for 3M carbon color stable tint. Just not much with Crystalline here. Thicker tint and does well.
Only thing with Crystalline is it seems they don't offer darker shades on it so I think it only goes to 40% as the lowest. I'd like something a bit darker so still seeing what I can get. I'll likely go with CXP since it seems a good value and quality.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only thing with Crystalline is it seems they don't offer darker shades on it so I think it only goes to 40% as the lowest. I'd like something a bit darker so still seeing what I can get. I'll likely go with CXP since it seems a good value and quality.
Your right. You get great quality with the 40 but won't get the look. CXP is good too.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
Went with 18%. Took a ride into Manhattan afterwards. Nice tint during the day, and much better visibility at night than the 5% I had on my previous car.

Also, the rear windshield had some noticeable bubbling. Especially towards the bottom. Is this normal and should I give it a couple days to set?

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows ima

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went with 18%. Took a ride into Manhattan afterwards. Nice tint during the day, and much better visibility at night than the 5% I had on my previous car.

Also, the rear windshield had some noticeable bubbling. Especially towards the bottom. Is this normal and should I give it a couple days to set?

image.jpeg
Should be no big bubbles. If it is on the bottom it may not have been adhered completely. I would bring it back asap. It should only be small bubbles if any at all and haze that you see.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
Should be no big bubbles. If it is on the bottom it may not have been adhered completely. I would bring it back asap. It should only be small bubbles if any at all and haze that you see.
Thanks. I should have looked it over better before I left. Was in a rush because I had dinner plans with the GF. Ill look it over better in the morning. They are closed tomorrow, so if it's bad hopefully it can be fixed on Monday

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I should have looked it over better before I left. Was in a rush because I had dinner plans with the GF. Ill look it over better in the morning. They are closed tomorrow, so if it's bad hopefully it can be fixed on Monday
You should be good til Monday

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Llumar ATR 20% all windows plus back just done Saturday.

IMG_20160416_120602.jpg
ATR is metallic. Did the installer mention anything about possible reception interference? This seems to be the negative about metallic tints.

WillWonderful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
ATR is metallic. Did the installer mention anything about possible reception interference? This seems to be the negative about metallic tints.
He did not. What kinda reception issues? Most radio is on the fin on the roof and the metalized tint is so minimal that it shouldn't effect cellphone reception. Haven't had any issues since I got it but will post if I run into anything.

Last edited:

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He did not. What kinda reception issues? Most radio is on the fin on the roof and the metalized tint is so minimal that it shouldn't effect cellphone reception. Haven't had any issues since I got it but will post if I run into anything.
The shark fin is for the navi and XM radio i think. The am/fm antenna is in the glass I think. Here's some info from www.thespokaneshop.com:
  • Metallized film, like dyed film, keeps heat away from interior space by reflecting it away; in the case of metallized film, this is done by very small metallic particles – invisible to the eye – embedded in the film. This metallic content strengthens the window as well; in the case of a vehicle, the window will be that much more shatter-resistant when metallized film is used. Metallized window-tinting film creates a shiny appearance from the outside. It is more resistant to scratches than dyed film. When used in a vehicle, however, one drawback of metallized film is the fact that its metallic content has a tendency to interfere with cell phone and GPS transmission, not to mention radio reception.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are thoughts on Solargard? Is this a good brand? I got a quote to remove my dealer tint and put Solargard ultra performance which looks like their version of carbon for $350.

http://solargard.com/window-films/automotive/auto-films/ultra-performance
Company had been around for awhile and was just bought out per a local tint shop I spoke to during my research. I considered this or Huper Optik for my flat glass in the office. Not sure about their vehicle applications. $350 is high for carbon tint. Solargard has ceramic too.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
You should be good til Monday
I checked over my tints yesterday and besides a few tiny bubbles on the rear windshield, they look fine. The place and tinter who did the installation, have a great reputation. So I am sure if anything did go wrong it would be fixed. Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored