Post your tinted windows

pincusterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
All you hatchback owners, did you guys take apart your spoiler yourself before you took it in for tint? Did the shop charge you more if you didn't? How did they do the install if they didn't remove the spoiler?

I spoke to my tint guy, a very, very, very professional businessman, and he told me I should remove the spoiler myself before I take it to him, because he doesn't want to charge me the labour for what it would be. And he doesnt want to tint the rear window without the spoiler off, as he is afraid it will not be representative of his companies work.

I respect all of that, and agree, I want the best job done, but obviously have no issue removing it prior in order to save money, I just am unsure on how to proceed with the removal.

Any advice is appreciated!
See my post here: http://www.civicx.com/threads/confi...nt-on-windows-from-factory.10688/#post-184509

Bottom line - I got lucky. He quoted me before he realized the extra work involved and then honored that quote.
Sponsored

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
didnt even took it off and got the job done...a little harder than usual he said...but hey he got it done without removing it!

Branch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport, '07 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
All you hatchback owners, did you guys take apart your spoiler yourself before you took it in for tint? Did the shop charge you more if you didn't? How did they do the install if they didn't remove the spoiler?

I spoke to my tint guy, a very, very, very professional businessman, and he told me I should remove the spoiler myself before I take it to him, because he doesn't want to charge me the labour for what it would be. And he doesnt want to tint the rear window without the spoiler off, as he is afraid it will not be representative of his companies work.

I respect all of that, and agree, I want the best job done, but obviously have no issue removing it prior in order to save money, I just am unsure on how to proceed with the removal.

Any advice is appreciated!
Just got my hatch tinted yesterday and spoiler wasn't removed. The shop said they removed the spoiler on the first hatch they did but now they use one of the newer patterns. I think there is a notched section around the hatch wiper section. I wasn't paying that much attention but it looks good to me.

spicy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatch Sport Touring 6SP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all your input guys.

I ended up going to another shop, as time wasn't on my side with the other shop.

This new place hadn't done one before, but they didn't remove my spoiler at all, and it came out fine. The very lower 1" or so has a few small air bubbles, but they have been going down quickly since the install.

Thank you all again for you opinions and advice!

Emkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX '13
Does anyone know the tint % that comes on european hatchbacks? They seem to get tinted windows from the factory on certain trims.

CxkeWave_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
For the front strip, do you guys go as low as to the arrow? or where is legal?.. i'm confused about whether go below the arrow or not.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know what the factory VLT is on a '17 EX-L? I assume it is the same as EX and EX-T.
To the questions about how low you can go on the windshield- it depends on local and state laws. I just read that in PA only the top 4" can be tinted.

Does anyone know of a good, higher VLT film/tint for the moonroof? I almost always have the solid sliding thing (?door?) slid back, but want to reduce the glare coming in. I also think that blocking more UV and IR through the moonroof will go a long way to reducing heat in the parked car on sunny summer days.

AssociatesInCivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_0264.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_0262.JPG
For the front strip, do you guys go as low as to the arrow? or where is legal?.. i'm confused about whether go below the arrow or not.
I actually went lower than the arrow and I like it. It is below the arrow then it curves up and then back down.