Post your tinted windows

calyman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EXT Sedan Manual
Country flag
I got 35% tint all around and you can still see right through. At night its even worst. Looks like theres no tint. Gonna remove it myself and get it done again.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_0992.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows Photo Apr 07, 10 50 43 PM copy

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_1520.JPG

SFTOURING

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic Hybrid, 2006 CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got 35% tint all around and you can still see right through. At night its even worst. Looks like theres no tint. Gonna remove it myself and get it done again.

IMG_0992.JPG

Photo Apr 07, 10 50 43 PM copy.jpg

IMG_1520.JPG

I would just do the rear windows only. I did mines 35% in front and the rear windows (including moon roof) 15%. He told me at 35% the CHP might stop me cause the front is too dark but the rear can be as dark as you like. So I would only do the rear....but if you feel adventurous then by all mean have everything darker....CHP my never pull you over..it's a gamble. Good luck.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
I would just do the rear windows only. I did mines 35% in front and the rear windows (including moon roof) 15%. He told me at 35% the CHP might stop me cause the front is too dark but the rear can be as dark as you like. So I would only do the rear....but if you feel adventurous then by all mean have everything darker....CHP my never pull you over..it's a gamble. Good luck.
yeah it is a gamble. i have 35% up front and ive stopped next to cop cars numerous times on the stop light and never got pulled over. this is both at day and night time.

also, i see you live in SF, checkout the norcal thread for the meet on may 6th!

TheXRated1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (LSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks worse cause street lights brighten up the interior and it makes it look like the windows aren't tinted. Im gonna have it removed and redone with 15% all around.
Check out my garage if you want an idea how 15% all around (including eyebrow strip) on a Lunar Silver Metallic!

spicy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatch Sport Touring 6SP
Vehicle Showcase
All you hatchback owners, did you guys take apart your spoiler yourself before you took it in for tint? Did the shop charge you more if you didn't? How did they do the install if they didn't remove the spoiler?

I spoke to my tint guy, a very, very, very professional businessman, and he told me I should remove the spoiler myself before I take it to him, because he doesn't want to charge me the labour for what it would be. And he doesnt want to tint the rear window without the spoiler off, as he is afraid it will not be representative of his companies work.

I respect all of that, and agree, I want the best job done, but obviously have no issue removing it prior in order to save money, I just am unsure on how to proceed with the removal.

Any advice is appreciated!

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
All you hatchback owners, did you guys take apart your spoiler yourself before you took it in for tint? Did the shop charge you more if you didn't? How did they do the install if they didn't remove the spoiler?

I spoke to my tint guy, a very, very, very professional businessman, and he told me I should remove the spoiler myself before I take it to him, because he doesn't want to charge me the labour for what it would be. And he doesnt want to tint the rear window without the spoiler off, as he is afraid it will not be representative of his companies work.

I respect all of that, and agree, I want the best job done, but obviously have no issue removing it prior in order to save money, I just am unsure on how to proceed with the removal.

I trusted my tint guy and was charged extra for the spoiler removal.

SFTOURING

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic Hybrid, 2006 CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I would let him charge me for taking it out. I figure if they crack it of break it in any way they are responsible in replacing it. If you took it apart and break it you will have to replace it. Just my 2 cents. I hope that helps.