Advertisement

Post your tinted windows

VTEC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Altima Platinum VC-Turbo, 2019 Civic Type R, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
15% all around, 15% strip:

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 12.36.20 AM.png

Worthy Note: if you go to your Eye Doctor and they can write you an eye prescription for glare and migraines to keep in your glove box with your registration if they try to pull you over and site you for tint. I could do 5% all the way around but I think 15% looked a bit classier still super dark.

Also I tinted the center rear tails black and the side of the tails to match the black Lower spoiler to wrap all the way around.

A lot of people that would never buy one compliment it a lot. They say it’s super sharp just out of the budget or family needs.

Advertisement

Last edited:

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Got this done the day after buying the car, a month ago.
35% in front 2 and 5% back 3

20200102_153705.jpg

View attachment 195472

20200102_153719.jpg

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
Country flag
XPEL XR Ceramic. 35% Front/Back/Rear Windshield and 70% Front Windshield.

This pic is on a sunny day with the sunroof shade open and glass titled open.

20200213_211625.jpg

justasimpleman

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SGP EX hatch
Country flag
Those with sunroofs, are you tinting yours? I’m planning on doing rear windshield, and all doors this week. This is my first time owning a car with a sunroof.

HalfBreed

Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 Sport Sedan
Country flag
Here are more recent photos of my car. Again I have 5% all around and 50% windshield tint.

Mine 2.jpg

Mine 3.jpg

My Car.jpg
Looks great. :love:

NY, though? How are you not pulled over by the cops every 10 minutes while driving?? Lol. I have reasons to never want interactions with police, so when I get mine done, I'm only doing the rear window at 5% and a tint strip at 2-5%. I just don't feel like worrying about getting pulled over or the yearly inspections.

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great. :love:

NY, though? How are you not pulled over by the cops every 10 minutes while driving?? Lol. I have reasons to never want interactions with police, so when I get mine done, I'm only doing the rear window at 5% and a tint strip at 2-5%. I just don't feel like worrying about getting pulled over or the yearly inspections.

Knock on wood, I have never been pulled over for tints. I don't have to worry about the inspection portion of it or even the police anyway. I have a medical exemption for them. But regardless I have never been pulled over and the tints have been on almost a year now.

HalfBreed

Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 Sport Sedan
Country flag
Knock on wood, I have never been pulled over for tints. I don't have to worry about the inspection portion of it or even the police anyway. I have a medical exemption for them. But regardless I have never been pulled over and the tints have been on almost a year now.
I forgot about medical exemptions. Do you know if something pops up about medical exemptions on their computer if they run your plate, so thats why they don't pull you over?

I used to get harassed constantly with my first car ('93 Civic with blacked out windows) and pulled over twice a month or so. This was almost 20 years ago though. And I'm sure it varies by department on how strict they are. But it's made me skittish about tint ever since. Lol.

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot about medical exemptions. Do you know if something pops up about medical exemptions on their computer if they run your plate, so thats why they don't pull you over?

I used to get harassed constantly with my first car ('93 Civic with blacked out windows) and pulled over twice a month or so. This was almost 20 years ago though. And I'm sure it varies by department on how strict they are. But it's made me skittish about tint ever since. Lol.

Nothing populates their computer no. They only find out when I show them the little card. I would say if you get them when you get pulled over just roll down all of your windows so they can see inside the car and youll be fine.

Conor

First Name
Conor
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
50% ceramic over the factory 70%, resulting in 35-40% - Legal limit here is 35% so can't go too dark. Car is a bit dirty...
IMG-1334.jpg
IMG-1336.jpg

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Nothing populates their computer no. They only find out when I show them the little card. I would say if you get them when you get pulled over just roll down all of your windows so they can see inside the car and youll be fine.
Yep you basically just get the exemption from your doctor and keep it with you or in the car. At least that's how it's working with my doctor at the moment. I'll be going for my tint tomorrow but I will try to go somewhat light in the front and not try to go limo tint even on the back. Just ceramic coating for optimal heat rejection and supposedly over 50% of UV light rejection even on the clear film.

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep you basically just get the exemption from your doctor and keep it with you or in the car. At least that's how it's working with my doctor at the moment. I'll be going for my tint tomorrow but I will try to go somewhat light in the front and not try to go limo tint even on the back. Just ceramic coating for optimal heat rejection and supposedly over 50% of UV light rejection even on the clear film.

Yea all I do is keep the paper in my glove box and show it if im questioned.

Conor

First Name
Conor
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Those with sunroofs, are you tinting yours? I’m planning on doing rear windshield, and all doors this week. This is my first time owning a car with a sunroof.
When I dropped off mine for tinting the other day I asked about doing the sunroof. The tech told me that most people tend to pass on the sunroof due to the added cost and the fact that there is a slider to close if you don't want the sun -- which was pretty much what I had already been thinking. I passed on doing the sunroof.

Advertisement

Advertisement