Post your tinted windows

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Llumar ATC or ATR?
I'm not sure. Sorry. Installer had issues with some bubbles the first time. So he redid it with the wrong percentage so he had to do it again but he said that with the lighter tint the higher metallic might show the smaller bubbles. I don't know if that is correct or not or if with what he said you can tell what kind I got. After he finally got it installed with the right one it came out perfect.
Sponsored

tjty11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L MSM
Vehicle Showcase
Suntek is owned by Llumar too. Their ceramic line is Llumar CTX and Formula 1 Pinnacle. Just FYI. How much did they charge you?
The 3 shops I talked to in my area only did Suntek or 3M so I didn't have many options. It was $440 OTD to get the whole car done, and it came with the lifetime warranty. The other quotes I got were for $480 and $500 and I'm not sure if they charged tax on top of that. So the $440 was the cheapest I could get, though it seems like others have got the same for cheaper in other areas. How much was yours?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is anyone having problems with the tint on the rear glass like I've read in other posts? (Glare/light refracting at night, etc)?
I don't have much of it with my ceramic tint. Have a little more with my 3M Color Stable carbon tint on my 14 Civic. Gets better over time as well as getting used to it. Not much can be done with it as with other cars. It depends on how thick the defroster lines are and angle of the glass.

Last edited:

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 3 shops I talked to in my area only did Suntek or 3M so I didn't have many options. It was $440 OTD to get the whole car done, and it came with the lifetime warranty. The other quotes I got were for $480 and $500 and I'm not sure if they charged tax on top of that. So the $440 was the cheapest I could get, though it seems like others have got the same for cheaper in other areas. How much was yours?
I didn't get the CXP but if I did it was $220 for all windows. Llumar CTX Air 80 is $200 for the windshield. I got CTX which was $360. CXP is a good tint. Not great for the windshield though. Used the 80 CXP on my 14 windshield and ended up taking it off due to haze. The Air 80 though is not even noticeable.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure. Sorry. Installer had issues with some bubbles the first time. So he redid it with the wrong percentage so he had to do it again but he said that with the lighter tint the higher metallic might show the smaller bubbles. I don't know if that is correct or not or if with what he said you can tell what kind I got. After he finally got it installed with the right one it came out perfect.
If he said metallic then it is ATR. Shouldn't be an issue if you don't listen to AM/FM radio. Check your phone signals though if it interferes with it.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BTW. Love how the dot matrix on our windows are sandwiched between the glass allowing for tint over it without issues for those that tint or plan to tint your windshield or a sunstrip. Usually dot matrix is on top of the glass and you get a silver shadow hence tinters or tint programs cutting the tint short of the dot matrix. Tint shops were impressed with it on our cars given they have only seen previously on luxury cars.

tjty11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L MSM
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get the CXP but if I did it was $220 for all windows. Llumar CTX Air 80 is $200 for the windshield. I got CTX which was $360. CXP is a good tint. Not great for the windshield though. Used the 80 CXP on my 14 windshield and ended up taking it off due to haze. The Air 80 though is not even noticeable.
Did that $220 include the windshield? Damn, in my area I couldn't even get just the rears done for that price. $360 is a great price for the whole car, especially getting a high end film. Must be better competition up in the Bay versus here in the Valley. I just got the tint done yesterday and haven't noticed a haze, but I wont really be able to tell the clarity until it finishes curing and I am able to clean all the windows. This is the first time I've had my windshield done, hopefully it doesn't bother me much as I get used to it.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If he said metallic then it is ATR. Shouldn't be an issue if you don't listen to AM/FM radio. Check your phone signals though if it interferes with it.
I have the touring model so the antenna I believe is in my shark fin on roof. I haven't noticed any degradation of signal. Well not as of yet. I am very happy the way it looks.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the touring model so the antenna I believe is in my shark fin on roof. I haven't noticed any degradation of signal. Well not as of yet. I am very happy the way it looks.
Great that all is good....your car looks good...

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Great that all is good....your car looks good...
Thanks. I wasn't sure about the chrome trim piece on bottom but I like the look I think. Also I will see if my cell phone loses some reception and thanks for that heads up. Never thought of that. I never dropped a call yet.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I wasn't sure about the chrome trim piece on bottom but I like the look I think. Also I will see if my cell phone loses some reception and thanks for that heads up. Never thought of that. I never dropped a call yet.
I have the chrome trim and I like it. I just got the matching chrome trim for the fog light assembly. I did a lot of research on tints and visited numerous shops.

I also had our Windows tested and the fronts are 74% and rears at 78%. The 70% min label just states it is within legal limits stock.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have the chrome trim and I like it. I just got the matching chrome trim for the fog light assembly. I did a lot of research on tints and visited numerous shops.

I also had our Windows tested and the fronts are 74% and rears at 78%. The 70% min label just states it is within legal limits stock.
I didn't research tint at all this time. The last time I had tint was in my 2001 audi 4.2. Madico tint was the best so I heard back then. Today I had no clue.
Btw. Do you have a link to a pic of that trim by fog lights? I might get me some. Do you like them?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't research tint at all this time. The last time I had tint was in my 2001 audi 4.2. Madico tint was the best so I heard back then. Today I had no clue.
Btw. Do you have a link to a pic of that trim by fog lights? I might get me some. Do you like them?
I just ordered them with some OEM exhaust tips.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/322052728303

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows $_1 (1).JPG

Furious85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If you're in California, be ware that it's suppose to have 70% pass through legally in the front windows only, the back can any tint %. When I get my new Civic, I would probably do 50+% for the front Windows and 35+% in for the back/rear. I'd rather keep it light and legal.
Sponsored