Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Local tint place has rayno phantom

Includes, front, back, rear, and front strip
s5 is $200
s7 is $300
s9 is $400
and their top of line is $500, which is comparable to the s9 they said. but i dont remember what its called

Any opinions on these prices? Its a pretty popular place in my area which a lot go to and most agree its a little overpriced, but they say they are good.

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW 135i, 2013 Subaru WRX STI, 2009 Honda Civic LX
what was there pricing looking like? Thinking of heading over there this week.
I paid $245 for the 3M with lifetime warranty. If that's too expensive, there's cheaper alternative that starts off at $180, but quality isn't great. If you're going there this week, let me know when bro, I can come with you. It's right down by my house anyway.

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much did you pay for it?!
I thought I had edited my post a while back, but it seems that it didn't stick. Sorry, I typoed when I was posting - I have SunTek Carbon tint on mine, not the CXP level. Paid $240 for it. Not sure how much the shop I got it from charges for CXP grade but they do install it.

rackz30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 exl
I thought I had edited my post a while back, but it seems that it didn't stick. Sorry, I typoed when I was posting - I have SunTek Carbon tint on mine, not the CXP level. Paid $240 for it. Not sure how much the shop I got it from charges for CXP grade but they do install it.
nice. I might have mine tinted by next week. :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
35% All Around
Civic Tinted a.jpg
What type of film did you go with and where did you have it done? I'm in Souderton PA and have a tint job lined up, but I am concerned 30% may be too dark... I was going with Llumar CTX 30% but may have to switch to cheaper ATC film to go 35%.

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
What type of film did you go with and where did you have it done? I'm in Souderton PA and have a tint job lined up, but I am concerned 30% may be too dark... I was going with Llumar CTX 30% but may have to switch to cheaper ATC film to go 35%.
Flex film terra flex, its a nano carbon film, Willowbrook Car Wash in Belle Vernon, PA

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Great tint! Where did you go? I'm in Philly area too, but I'm scared to tint because of the laws here. Have you had tinted windows before? Do you ever get stopped?
Sounds of tristate in Morton, delco. I haven't been pulled over having 35% front, 20% back. 35 equals around 22 after factory tint. I think you'd be fine and it does reduce heat and look good imo. I see a lot of cars driving around with darker.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I understand tint in southern states where it's super hot, but in the Northeast...

I still have this pereption that criminals or wannabe criminals drive cars with tinted windows.

No offense

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I understand tint in southern states where it's super hot, but in the Northeast...

I still have this pereption that criminals or wannabe criminals drive cars with tinted windows.

No offense
You live in NYC, right? It can get just as hot in NYC on any given day as it does just about anywhere else, save for maybe Phoenix AZ... I mean, even here in PA it can eclipse 100.

Regardless, tint isn't about the look for me. It's about the heat rejection and protecting my leather interior. It's about comfort when I get into my vehicle after an 8 hour day. The interior of a car, even in 75* weather can get out of control when left in direct sunlight.

Like most poorly conceived perceptions, I hope you find a way to unlearn this one. I am a 36 year old dad of 2. Though I may have my skeletons in the closet I am not some career criminal.

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
N

No offense
Not only does it look great, esp on a white car, it protects the interior, reduces heat, and blocks uv rays from my skin. Most cars are coming from the factory with a degree of tint, and almost all SUV'S come standard with the rear windows tinted. There's a big difference in 35-40% and 5% blacked out tint. I live in PA and it's been a hot summer and tint helps tremendously. If you tried it is doubt you'd go back. To each their own.

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
N

Not only does it look great, esp on a white car, it protects the interior, reduces heat, and blocks uv rays from my skin. Most cars are coming from the factory with a degree of tint, and almost all SUV'S come standard with the rear windows tinted. There's a big difference in 35-40% and 5% blacked out tint. I live in PA and it's been a hot summer and tint helps tremendously. If you tried it is doubt you'd go back. To each their own.

Exactly, especially with leather.
Sponsored