ApolloRanger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I just installed the cougar motors led headlights and love them. Go ahead and post what LEDs you have for low beams and pictures please. Just looking for comparisens.

Thanks for this thread! I just got a civic and have been wanting better headlights!

Do you guys also switch the high beams and fog lights? I dont usually use either do I might just leave them.

Also GO CAPS!!!!

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
How happy are you with these? I have been debating on them and TRS has a 20% cyber Monday deal. The output looks sick.
I do like them but I do have some complaints about the headlights and TRS. First the headlights are really good quality but for the price I would think they would make the adjustment knobs on the back out of metal or put a stopper in there so you don't over adjust it and break it like I did on the passenger side. Also when I ordered mine it took almost over a week to ship and I tried calling TRS and was on hold for almost an hour and I just gave up I ended up sending an email and about almost 2 days later I got an email back with the tracking info and they showed up 3 days later. Hopefully you don't have the headache I did. Also I sequential turn signals are awesome!

kevok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I do like them but I do have some complaints about the headlights and TRS. First the headlights are really good quality but for the price I would think they would make the adjustment knobs on the back out of metal or put a stopper in there so you don't over adjust it and break it like I did on the passenger side. Also when I ordered mine it took almost over a week to ship and I tried calling TRS and was on hold for almost an hour and I just gave up I ended up sending an email and about almost 2 days later I got an email back with the tracking info and they showed up 3 days later. Hopefully you don't have the headache I did. Also I sequential turn signals are awesome!
I did see some complaints about the adjusters but I guess they didn’t not address them as people had speculated they would. How much adjustment did they need out of the box?

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
I did see some complaints about the adjusters but I guess they didn’t not address them as people had speculated they would. How much adjustment did they need out of the box?
For me a little bit more then some people I would say but that's because my driver side was re built after I hit a deer I think if you look at my photos you can see that headlight is slightly lower than the passenger one. But I don't think you would have to adjust much if they are installed correctly.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had these headlights when they were initially released and for me they were aimed soooo downwards it was horrible. Luckily I never broke an adjuster BUT I was sent a faulty headlight— passenger side DRL/LED accent didn’t work when the headlights were on. Then TRS/Morimoto took over 2 or 3 months to send me a replacement that I just said fuck it, and asked for a full refund. If it weren’t for that I’d still have them in right now.

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
Country flag
Added some Sealight X2's, the difference without really testing them seems great.

They do wobble a bit in the mount. The color of the light is pretty close to the Halogens which is nice, I can't do the overly blue/purple

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-L 2D (and FN2 forever in my heart)
Country flag
let me show you how utterly horrible LED (in this particular case: fanless auxito) bulbs in stock fog lights are

never install them. and if you already did: never-ever-ever-ever use them unless it is actually foggy outside

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights fo

Last edited:

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
let me show you how utterly horrible are the LED (in this particular case: fanless auxito) bulbs in stock fog lights

please, never install them. and if you did: never-ever-ever-ever use them unless it is actually foggy outside

fog.jpg
Need to adjust about half to full turn down.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I have my LED fogs adjusted per the manual and I had my wife drive down the road and they were not blinding at all. When I had them aimed too high, they were blinding. To be aimed too high is not difficult either. As you can tell from the diagram below, the fog light will only illuminate the road approximately 6m in front of the vehicle.

A is a wall, B and C are the height to the center of the fog light, D is the center of the fog light beam at the specified distance.
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights 1610371963983

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-L 2D (and FN2 forever in my heart)
Country flag
Need to adjust about half to full turn down.
look at the amount of stray light: I'm talking about the huge circle on the wall. ALL if it should not be there, and it definitely not something that could be adjusted
Sponsored