Post your LED headlights

Xenomorph05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed the Sealight Xenower X2s yesterday. I have not tried them at night yet. I like the cooler light. Hope they last as long as they are rated for. The fan noise is not very noticeable outdoors but in the garage with the hood open I could here them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights 20200704_104837b

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights 20200704_104820b

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights 20200704_104112b

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I just installed the Sealight Xenower X2s yesterday. I have not tried them at night yet. I like the cooler light. Hope they last as long as they are rated for. The fan noise is not very noticeable outdoors but in the garage with the hood open I could here them.

20200704_104837b.jpg

20200704_104820b.jpg

20200704_104112b.jpg
My first instance of my 9005’s showing flickering started yesterday upon startup. I bought some load resistors and installed them - so far, no more flicker

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For testing I got bunch of LEDs from Amazon, I haven't tried them on my Civic but tried them in my 2020 Odyssey:
Sealight L1 $29.74
Sealight X2 $61.19
Sealight S2 $62.99
Sealight S3 $79.99
Hikari Ultra $89.99
VLEDS micro extreme $170
GTR Ultra 2 $199

This is not a scientific test by any means, I don't have fancy tools and I can't read lumens... I tested them just by looking at them, how wide is the light beam, how far and how clearly I can see the road, that is all.
I found that:
Sealight L1 are not brighter than halogens, but due to 6000k color they do look like they are brighter, this lights can be a good improvement over the halogens, but not as good as others
Sealight X2 are considerably brighter than most of the competitors (including VLEDS)
Sealight S2 haven't even tried them since S3s are coming soon, might pop them in just for a test's sake
Sealight S3 just ordered them, coming tomorrow
Hikari Ultra, I use Hikari in most of my vehicles (including Civic), but considering the price and light output, I no longer recommend them. Ultras seems as bright as X2s, but for $20 more not worth it
VLEDS micro extreme, well this was a big disappointment, considering the price and fancy representation, I was hoping for more... but really, they are just a bit brighter than X2s, not a huge improvement for $170
GTR Ultra 2, my fav lights, for some reason when I used them in my wife's Nissan, they seemed muuuuuuch brighter then when I used them in my Odyssey, but yet, they are the brightest ones in this list, but again, not worth it due to much higher pricing

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Just bought some Sealight X2s for low beams and Sealight XF1s for fogs. Both 6K. Amazon has a lot of coupons right now and the X2s are 40% off - got them for $36!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
For testing I got bunch of LEDs from Amazon, I haven't tried them on my Civic but tried them in my 2020 Odyssey:
Sealight L1 $29.74
Sealight X2 $61.19
Sealight S2 $62.99
Sealight S3 $79.99
Hikari Ultra $89.99
VLEDS micro extreme $170
GTR Ultra 2 $199

This is not a scientific test by any means, I don't have fancy tools and I can't read lumens... I tested them just by looking at them, how wide is the light beam, how far and how clearly I can see the road, that is all.
I found that:
Sealight L1 are not brighter than halogens, but due to 6000k color they do look like they are brighter, this lights can be a good improvement over the halogens, but not as good as others
Sealight X2 are considerably brighter than most of the competitors (including VLEDS)
Sealight S2 haven't even tried them since S3s are coming soon, might pop them in just for a test's sake
Hikari Ultra, I use Hikari in most of my vehicles (including Civic), but considering the price and light output, I no longer recommend them. Ultras seems as bright as X2s, but for $20 more not worth it
VLEDS micro extreme, well this was a big disappointment, considering the price and fancy representation, I was hoping for more... but really, they are just a bit brighter than X2s, not a huge improvement for $170
GTR Ultra 2, my fav lights, for some reason when I used them in my wife's Nissan, they seemed muuuuuuch brighter then when I used them in my Odyssey, but yet, they are the brightest ones in this list, but again, not worth it due to much higher pricing
I know it’s your money, and you can obviously do what you want with it, but..... why not just get one good/proven set, and go with that, instead of wasting all that money? You gettting free returns or something?

ive had a set of morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s for over a year and a half, and they work great. A little pricey compared to some, but I think they’re worth it.

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have the Hikari 2020 edition. The MSRP is $69.99 but went on sale for $47.99. They're bright, but the distance was just a tad bit farther than my regular halogens. I'm still happy with how they look.

I don't have a pic yet with the LEDs facing the wall, but I'll reply to this thread once I have one.
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights 20201026_232917

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know it’s your money, and you can obviously do what you want with it, but..... why not just get one good/proven set, and go with that, instead of wasting all that money? You gettting free returns or something?

ive had a set of morimoto 2 stroke 2.0s for over a year and a half, and they work great. A little pricey compared to some, but I think they’re worth it.
Of course, Amazon has free returns, why would I need 8 H11 LEDs when I only have 2 cars?

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sealight L1 $29.74
Sealight X2 $61.19
Sealight S2 $62.99
Sealight S3 $79.99
Hikari Ultra $89.99
VLEDS micro extreme $170
GTR Ultra 2 $199

I found that:
I decided to keep S3 Sealight for now, they seems a bit brighter than Hikari 2020 edition and brighter than X2s, mostly because they have better focused and brighter hotspot, also they seem to be close to true 6000k, hikaris seems to have more blue, maybe close to 7000-7500, instead of advertised 6000?
Will be replacing it with GTR Ultra 2 once they go on sale

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Just installed the X2's (and fixed the issue with them moving around in their mount). They are much better than stock halogen. They light up the road well - especially the shoulders. I haven't been able to get out of the city yet to see the distance.

exCat

First Name
Istvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.0T Elegance
Country flag
Is the sound of active cooling not disturbing? (i ask for any led ..)

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Is the sound of active cooling not disturbing? (i ask for any led ..)
Hell no it is maybe 30 dB. A running engine is about 40 dB. Shut the car off and you might hear it faintly. I just drove five hours straight on the interstate stopped and could barely hear the lights. Sounds like a bee buzzing faintly
Sponsored