Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:
MVIMG_20200410_103603.jpg

A truly terrible picture, but hopefully it illustrates that the OEM LED array has tons of scatter.
Wtf. That pic is oem led on type r?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Osram

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights FFF860D8-5418-492D-AC4D-EAB4D1EBB8A5

junooni176

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 2019 EX
Country flag
I installed katana led fogs but the way they screw doesn't look right to me. They are at an angle to the ground which is scattering a bunch of light everywhere. Any idea how to correct this?
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights 20200623_183932

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I installed katana led fogs but the way they screw doesn't look right to me. They are at an angle to the ground which is scattering a bunch of light everywhere. Any idea how to correct this?
20200623_183932.jpg
Most of the major brands of LEDs are clockable using an adjustable base. Check your instruction manual. Some click at specified ranges of adjustment, some have a screw and can be set anywhere and locked in with the screw.

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the links, am definitely replacing the stock halogen headlight bulbs, the low beams especially need help.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please leave the high beams alone as halogens. LEDs in reflector housings just cause TONS of glare.
Not true for all kits. Not all LEDs are created equal

The beam pattern as we mentioned is so critical, especially for reflector style headlights in your low beam, so that you do not blind, glare, or dazzle oncoming drivers. We ran this kit in several different headlight styles, and all had either near perfect or perfect beams.

https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/reviews/hikari-ultra-led-kit-review.html

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights 9E1C8C96-D8C5-4100-B9B1-55F9B0D5731F

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The LEDs will glare in reflector housing but that's why I use 3k highs and fogs instead of 6k white. I always turn brights off at the sign of another driver so glare isn't an issue to anyone else. 10000 lumen 3k headlights for fogs aimed down (same socket as lowbeam lights) and matching 9005 highs. Super bright yellow light.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Y'all can do whatever you want, it's your car, but don't pretend like that's a clean cutoff and you aren't scattering light everywhere.

If you want high output bulbs, you need a quality projector to not blind oncoming drivers. I am absolutely including my OEM LED array. I get flashed all the time on low beam.
I travel for living. I drive till midnight a lot of nights, so 3 hours in the dark, usually 15 hours a week. I've been flashed by drivers 0 times in 1.5 years driving like this. Would I be flashed if I left my high reflectors on? Yeah absolutely. I recommend the 3k in both reflectors. And turn your highs off when another vehicle is ahead, whether oncoming, rear facing or adjecent. I just got from a 620 round trip at 1am this morn and took highway instead of interstate back. Used highs half the time for 35000 lumen for 3/4 mile! I even take a pair of 9005 and h11s for rental cars now.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Y'all can do whatever you want, it's your car, but don't pretend like that's a clean cutoff and you aren't scattering light everywhere.

If you want high output bulbs, you need a quality projector to not blind oncoming drivers. I am absolutely including my OEM LED array. I get flashed all the time on low beam.
I don’t have to pretend anything. The image is clear as day. Those LED bulbs in low beam reflector housings, as measured and pictured, have a clean cutoff and beam pattern. Cleaner than your OEM LEDs.

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The OEM Projector housing for low beams seem to take LED bulbs just fine from examples I have seen. As for the high beam OEM reflector it already sends light way up into trees as you drive by, so not too sure how much difference a good LED bulb would be, of course you would turn off high beams when there are cars in front of you.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pics taken with auto on the phone, next time I'll use the same iso so all pics are apples to apples brightness. DRL stay bright in all photos.
Fogs
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights IMG_20200624_213108

Fogs+low
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights IMG_20200624_213114

Low+high
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights IMG_20200624_213127

Fogs+low+high
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your LED headlights IMG_20200624_213120

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag

LoL, no need to be sour bud. Its unfortunate you OEM LED's are scattering like crazy, but if you look at my previous post there is next to no light scatter with upgraded LED bulbs in the factory projector housing. You get flashed all the time because those low beams are garbage. I have never been flashed due to my low beams in over a year.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I was trying to specifically target the mention of putting LEDs in reflector housings; maybe I quoted the wrong post. I think I also got on someone for putting high output bulbs in the high beam reflector housing, which on reflection (lol) doesn't really make sense because the high beam is going to blind people anyway. It's still a bad idea because of the way reflectors work and you're going to have bad output, but you're not going to be the bad guy.

The halogen projectors on base Civics aren't great, but you're right that they're much cleaner than my OEM array and I'm not going to get on anyone about dropping in LEDs or HIDs in them with no change to the lens. I'm absolutely going to get salty on people who say it's okay to put high output bulbs in a low beam reflector housing.
I 100% agree with putting anything other than halogen in low beam reflector housing.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I have no concern at all about high output bulbs in my high beams.
If I drive with the same courtesy I always do, then nobody should be bothered by it as I dip my lights quite early when car is approaching. Where a problem might come up though, is if the nearfield is too bright, then your "low light" vision receptors (I don't know what they are called) will be overwhelmed and that will negatively affect your night vision.
Sponsored