Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up

702civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
30 but I have seen others with a similar setup
Offset is the spacing from hub mating surface to rear of rim, that does not change weather it is 18" or 19" your +30 is just more aggressive than my front which is +40 and still more than my rear which is +35
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
30 but I have seen others with a similar setup
I was told directly by wheel maker TSW that +30 offset would rub if you kept the correct plus sizing with your tires. You could make it work if you did the stretch tire look.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I was told directly by wheel maker TSW that +30 offset would rub if you kept the correct plus sizing with your tires. You could make it work if you did the stretch tire look.
Yup. And 235-width tires would be fine on +50 offset, which is what our Sport/Sport Touring (and, now, Si?) models have.

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Yup. And 235-width tires would be fine on +50 offset, which is what our Sport/Sport Touring (and, now, Si?) models have.
Does anyone know if 18x8.5 +35 OR +40 wheels would fit the stock ST tires (235/40/18) without rubbing issues? I'm in the market for some new wheels, but am looking for something slightly more aggressive, but practical when I am hauling 3 other bodies in the car.

mikee_swoosh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic Si (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Type-R #117 PMM
Country flag
Does anyone know if 18x8.5 +35 OR +40 wheels would fit the stock ST tires (235/40/18) without rubbing issues? I'm in the market for some new wheels, but am looking for something slightly more aggressive, but practical when I am hauling 3 other bodies in the car.
yes they will
im running stock size: 235/40/18 wheels are 18x8.5

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes, its the 8.5 that matters and 235 will fit it.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is exactly what I want stylistically (the Accord Sport rims), but I worry that they will decrease the ride comfort and noise. I don't think that there is much better of a look out there, but I've gotten really used to the smooth and quiet ride. What are your thoughts?

702civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
That is exactly what I want stylistically (the Accord Sport rims), but I worry that they will decrease the ride comfort and noise. I don't think that there is much better of a look out there, but I've gotten really used to the smooth and quiet ride. What are your thoughts?
you will feel the road more and road noise will depend on tire choice.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 is the safest when upgrading wheels. Not to mention the cheapest.

As for road noise, you get what you pay for.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont feel like my road noise went up when I went to 19s on 235/35-19. I went Nitto Motivo and to me the noise is the same, if not a little better. Although i do have a 5 year old constantly talking so maybe that distracts me from the road noise. But you do feel bumps more.

drumachine9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
I can't say I notice a difference in ride quality or noise. Love the look, it does rub on the fender liner when I turn the wheel all the way to one side or the other, like barely. Was considering sportlines but that might be to much drop so I'll probably get the less aggressive ones so I can get it to sit flush.

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Hey guys, I came across a good deal on a set of wheels. They're 18x9.5 +35. I'm concerned about the fitment as I don't wanna run a stretch tire. So I'm looking at a 255/40. Anyone running these numbers or can shed some light? Worried about the fronts and if I'll hit the struts.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, I came across a good deal on a set of wheels. They're 18x9.5 +35. I'm concerned about the fitment as I don't wanna run a stretch tire. So I'm looking at a 255/40. Anyone running these numbers or can shed some light? Worried about the fronts and if I'll hit the struts.
You will be fine with a 35mm offset in the front with a 9.5" width rim.. you still have about 1/2' more to play with against the front strut, now on the tire.. that should be pretty square on the rim with a 255/40... might want to try a 255/35 since the tire might be a little bit taller. I have seen a 19x9.5 45mm work in the front but I think the person in instagram said that they have only 3~4mm clearance with the rim against the strut.. but he was dead flush up front but he was running a 245 series tire so that might have helped:hmm:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
check this

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up 6-1-2017 1-35-59 PM
Sponsored