Car(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Please post your aftermarket headunits

Advertisement

the1dynasty

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know anything about the Belsee aftermarket units compared to the Phoenix ones? I've seen videos on the Phoenix radios but cannot find any reviews for Belsee...
https://www.belsee.com/belsee-best-...nit-2016-2017-honda-civic-stereo-upgrade.html
I just need a HU like the Phoenix Tesla-style but running updated hardware, built-in support for Android Auto, HD radio, compatible with the factory amp on Touring models, theming/styles of the UI, HD display... is that too much to ask?

Shankmeyster

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch CVT, 2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6M (traded for '20)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DiamondPuma

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic LX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just need a HU like the Phoenix Tesla-style but running updated hardware, built-in support for Android Auto, HD radio, compatible with the factory amp on Touring models, theming/styles of the UI, HD display... is that too much to ask?
If you find anything, let me know xD I guess it is too much to ask for haha

DiamondPuma

First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic LX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if you could just flash the software and firmware of the Phoenix unit with another head unit and use the Phoenix's hardware. I guess the problem is the hardware, no...? I'm still confused; is it the software people had issues with or the hardware?

A lot of problems I have read about were settings based (software), but some people did say that the units died on them...

the1dynasty

Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't seen anyone really with the Tesla style unit... It's really hard to find any decent videos online too... I wish I had the resources to make a HU because I would and I'd also leave the bootloader unlocked so you can flash custom firmware if you wanted or even better, just keep the damned thing updated for 3 years like Android phones get...

Shankmeyster

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch CVT, 2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6M (traded for '20)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's because the first person to try it on here said it was an even bigger piece of junk than the large screen. He also said the AC controls were such a PITA to use it wasn't worth it.

the1dynasty

Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's because the first person to try it on here said it was an even bigger piece of junk than the large screen. He also said the AC controls were such a PITA to use it wasn't worth it.
Yes but Phoenix also said they had a newer version coming out with updated hardware and firmware

the1dynasty

Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Advertisement

Advertisement