First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Hey yall,

Made a post regarding tail of the dragon with my Si and wanted to do a follow up.

First off, I drove the car from Michigan to North Carolina (which is about 500 miles) and the car did great overall. I got about 42-45 MPG the entire trip. The car had no issues and ran perfectly fine there and back.
Doing some runs on tail of the dragon, the Si did amazing with its LSD and the brakes also held up quite well. I was on stock all season tires and thats what really held me back. Had a couple friends drive and ride in car and they said the Si was the most fun out of a GTI, fiesta ST, and a mini cooper S (I thought the Fiesta ST was more fun tho) Honda really does make some good front wheel drive cars.
Overall I was impressed with the road and the car.
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! Yes, lighter wheels and grippy tires are the #1 modification for you to extract the Si's potential! I have a pretty comprehensive build list of parts that I've tested on road and track, and I keep coming back to wheels and tires being the most significant. Power adders like tune, intake, and exhaust upgrades are nice but the stock all seasons chirp and spin up at stock power levels so the benefit isn't fully realized.

If the budget doesn't allow for new wheels, at least get dedicated summer tires for next season. You're in Michigan so I would recommend selling the all-seasons and getting winter tires soon as the all-seasons won't do too well, especially when it comes to stopping distance.