post start idle

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
hi guys,

random one here but my g/f says the neighbours are complaining about my exhaust set up on my 1.5 civic sport hatch and she says its the first initial start up thats the loudest, so looking at my post start target at ECT 0 and 30 it is 1500rpm. is it safe for me to lower this to say 1100rpm just to take away the intial drone on start up? it eventually drops from 1500 to 950rpm and that is when it is tollerable. i am looking into adding a resonator to the set up its just not the best time to get one fitted thanks to COVID-19

cheers!
Sponsored

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Initial cold start-up are almost always louder. My exhaust is loudest at 1500rpm start up but full throttle to redline and two-step isn't as loud as my cold startup has been. It's due to retarded timing to get the cat running hot as fast as possible. Think of it as exhaust valve open before combustion is 100% finished. Your best bet is to just get a quieter exhaust if it bothers people.

As for your concern if it's safe... Oil dilution will most likely happen but other than that, you can imo.