Post Pics of Yellow Fog Overlays/Bulbs

OP
OP

flames4791

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Did you snip the little tabs off? That helped me, also making sure the lens I was applying it to was nice n clean 20170806_225745.jpg
is that just with the yellow overlay or do you also have yellow bulbs?

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Just installed Calais yellow LEDs. Look good so far. Drove around for about 15 minutes and the temp of the housing was ~71°

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just Laminx my fogs today.
fog lights day croped.jpg

I think it looks good.
fog lights night2.jpg
fogl light cutoff.JPG
Looks great. That's what mine are. I didn't have any where near the issues I've heard some guys have putting them on. No heat, no water, just cut one tab,pressed them on them trimmed the last tab.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Looks great. That's what mine are. I didn't have any where near the issues I've heard some guys have putting them on. No heat, no water, just cut one tab,pressed them on them trimmed the last tab.
what was the temp? its been really cold here and i'm struggling

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what was the temp? its been really cold here and i'm struggling
It was fairly nice out. I didn't think about the weather outside affecting the install. Have you tried warming up the film then trying to transfer it to the light? Also, I cut one tab and pushed that side into the housing while holding on to the other tab to keep my fingers off the overlay. Just trimmed that last tab with an exact I knife. Also besides warming the over lay try leaving the lights on a while to warm up the lenses also.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
It was fairly nice out. I didn't think about the weather outside affecting the install. Have you tried warming up the film then trying to transfer it to the light? Also, I cut one tab and pushed that side into the housing while holding on to the other tab to keep my fingers off the overlay. Just trimmed that last tab with an exact I knife. Also besides warming the over lay try leaving the lights on a while to warm up the lenses also.
kinda hard since i live in an apartment. i just could not seem to get the film to remotely lay flat on the light

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
kinda hard since i live in an apartment. i just could not seem to get the film to remotely lay flat on the light
Is this laminex film? Is it brittle when its cold? Mine was pretty thick and flexible,but it wasn't cold out either. I did have reposition it a few times and press in on it to sorta mold it to the lens, i hear you about the apartment, I'm in one too. I've been know to run several extension cords out to my car, not sure how far you are from your building, but if could get a hair dryer on them somehow, it might do the trick.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Is this laminex film? Is it brittle when its cold? Mine was pretty thick and flexible,but it wasn't cold out either. I did have reposition it a few times and press in on it to sorta mold it to the lens, i hear you about the apartment, I'm in one too. I've been know to run several extension cords out to my car, not sure how far you are from your building, but if could get a hair dryer on them somehow, it might do the trick.
nah not brittle. i don't have have a way to run anything out there. maybe i just need to try again. i cut the tabs off before i ever tried. it's just frustrating cause i thought they'd lay on easy
Sponsored